PDA

View Full Version : Paint Cleaner (P21S) w/ DA

swanicyouth
10-06-2012, 12:19 PM
I got my daily driver, a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, ready for winter a bit early this year. The truck had a complete paint correction about 7 mos ago.

I decided to just use a paint cleaner to clean it up. I was using P21S Paint Cleaner on a 7424 with white LC CCS Smart Pads on speed 5. However, I think I may have spent too much time, doing 4 slow cross cross passes with a chemical paint cleaner, like P21S. How many passes are appropriate with a product like this when your not looking for correction (paint was already glossy and swirl free)?

I ended up spending about 6 hours alone on the step. However, the pads stayed pretty much white, so I guess the paint was still clean.

I used Bilt Hamber Finis as the LSP, this is supposed to be a super durable paste wax. It smells exactly like P21S 100% wax. Removal is a little more difficult, and you have to apply or super thin. This is a no nonsense old style white hard paste wax. Time will tell how durable it is.

Dr Oldz
10-06-2012, 12:49 PM
I usually do about 3 passes with fairly fast arm movement when using paint cleaners. A whole vehicle goes pretty fast.

Lowejackson
10-06-2012, 03:42 PM
The Bilt Hamber wax should last a long time, given the paint work was chemically cleaned you should be able to get about 6 months

swanicyouth
10-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks everyone. Yeah, after I started I realized I was problem doing more passes than I needed. But, I kept it up as I started that way and I wanted to be consistent. The product did work well with a DA though.

Rsurfer
10-06-2012, 08:07 PM
I usually do about 3 passes with fairly fast arm movement when using paint cleaners. A whole vehicle goes pretty fast.

:iagree:You don't want to work P21s to much.

RhetoricMixes
10-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Fast arm movement will get the job done. I usually just use a finishing pad with no cut but a white pad will also work fine. I made the mistake of over working it and it dried up pretty good on the paint and it was hard to get off. About three passes will do ya