PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Einszett Cockpit Cleaner

hoyt66
10-06-2012, 09:01 AM
I really want to try this product. I have for a long time. What has held me back is the age old question. Does it offer protection? It seems if it's a cleaner then it would leave no product

behind. the company also offers a deep cleaner. If you use this are you just sacrificing protection for clean? If it's just a cleaner then why not use an apc?

RMM
10-06-2012, 10:08 AM
If you're talking about:
1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner , dashboard cleaner, cockpit cleaner, 1Z einsett, einzett (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-cockpit-premium.html)
it does offer some protection but very little. It's an AIO that cleans and protects.
For real protection use:
1Z Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care and Protectant Tiefenpfleger (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-vinyl-protectant.html)
But this is only a protectant. You must clean it first, either with APC or with Cockpit Premium.

SR99
10-06-2012, 10:19 AM
This is a favorite on German car forums. Many claim it provides protection but the bottle makes no mention of protection and the listed ingredients seem to be cleaner-related.

I use it, like it, and the citrus-like smell is nice and not too heavy. It's very mild and can even be used to clean plastic faces of nav screens and dash. Some people like the lack of visible finish, but a cleaner shouldn't leave any finish so I don't consider that a bonus.

The "finish" looks no different than wiping with a damp microfiber (which is much cheaper). That looks ok in a new car, but the factory finish does begin to get dull and I like a slight matte finish. I've been using Megs #40 for that, after the 1Z cockpit.

You probably could use a properly diluted APC but the question is figuring the right dilution and knowing it will be OK for plastics like nav screens and all the various things it hits when you spray it. With the 1Z I don't worry about overspray, which is nice. With diluted APC, you just never know.