PDA

View Full Version : XMT 360 after Optimum Hyper Compound or Polish?

ihaveacamaro
10-06-2012, 02:00 AM
As OHC and OHP have no fillers, can I go from one of those products to a damp mf wipedown to XMT 360?

The reason I want to use OHC or OHP is paint scratches that won't be taken off by XMT 360 alone...

mwoolfso
10-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Yep.

Jomax
10-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Shouldn't need 360 after a polish and compound. Just put a good wax or sealant.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Pats300zx
10-06-2012, 08:25 AM

I agree. I would just top it with a good sealant or carnuaba.

ihaveacamaro
10-06-2012, 11:36 AM

While I agree with this, I have xmt 360 and want to try it. I also have BFWD and would probably get better results, but I've never tried xmt 360 so that's why I wanted to use it.

:dblthumb2:

Jomax
10-06-2012, 02:21 PM
While I agree with this, I have xmt 360 and want to try it. I also have BFWD and would probably get better results, but I've never tried xmt 360 so that's why I wanted to use it.

:dblthumb2:

Then just use 360 as a one step. Why would you take more clear coat off if it isn't needed? But it's your car in the end. Make sure you post pics when it's done :)

ihaveacamaro
10-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Then just use 360 as a one step. Why would you take more clear coat off if it isn't needed? But it's your car in the end. Make sure you post pics when it's done :)

Because I want to take out scratches that are probably too deep for XMT 360. And will do :xyxthumbs:

mwoolfso
10-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I figured others would chime in regarding XMT 360's correcting ability. I just wanted to answer the question as it was asked since I had just got out of bed. He didn't ask if it made sense so I left that out in my original response. :-)

Suffice to say, a better approach would be Hyper Compound on a cutting pad followed by XMT 360 with a polishing pad. That will be a cheaper approach in terms of time and money and probably meet your expectations. Best way to solidify the approach would be with a test spot (regardless). Give it a whirl.

Lastly, I'll typically top XMT360 with OCW.

ihaveacamaro
10-06-2012, 07:00 PM
I figured others would chime in regarding XMT 360's correcting ability. I just wanted to answer the question as it was asked since I had just got out of bed. He didn't ask if it made sense so I left that out in my original response. :-)

Suffice to say, a better approach would be Hyper Compound on a cutting pad followed by XMT 360 with a polishing pad. That will be a cheaper approach in terms of time and money and probably meet your expectations. Best way to solidify the approach would be with a test spot (regardless). Give it a whirl.

Lastly, I'll typically top XMT360 with OCW.

Except for the topping, that was my plan. It seems no one noticed the "or" in the OP :dblthumb2:

I want to test xmt 360 on it's own before I start topping it, so I can know what results to expect in the outcome that I don't top it. Thanks for your help :)