PDA

View Full Version : Ford King Ranch Leather Oil Stain Removal Help

asd60303
10-06-2012, 01:46 AM
I have a heavy duty oil stain on the seat that I can't remove on a client's Ford King Ranch truck. It is a work truck so I believe it's a hydraulic oil stain if that matters. I tried APC, degreaser, CG leather cleaner with terry cloth and a boar's hair brush with minor improvement. First time dealing with this leather and will listen to any advice.

Here's the attached picture:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Asd60303/20120930_140946.jpg

ihaveacamaro
10-06-2012, 01:58 AM
Yikes! Good luck with that and keep us posted. Unfortunately, I can give you no help on that :doh:

AutowerxDetailing
10-06-2012, 02:01 AM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang... that's pretty bad...

I have heard of people using Scrubbing Bubbles (the bathroom cleaner) for really tore up leather to bring it back to the original color and then recondition with conditioner of your choice. This obviously wouldn't be safe for routine cleaning but for disaster recovery you gotta do what you gotta do.

*I have never used this method to clean leather (haven't had to) but I have seen the results and they are impressive.

Kevin Cullen
10-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Hope this guy doesn't think your going to get that out completely? I agree with Nick to try the scrubbing bubbles. May try a LITTLE heat from a hair dryer with the bubbles. Might open the pours of the leather up a bit so the bubbles can work a little deeper.
Anyway that's a mess! Bet the owner wishes he used the truck box for hauling the oil now.

Flash Gordon
10-06-2012, 08:09 AM
The only thing thats going to fix that is a new piece of leather

Jomax
10-06-2012, 08:21 AM
No fix to that, the leather doesn't have a coating. There is one thing you can do. Pour that oil on the whole seat, make it match ;)

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

vet
10-06-2012, 09:44 AM
I think the King Ranch has a different leather. You might want to ask a Ford dealer about what can/can't be used.

FUNX650
10-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Scrubbing Bubbles...OH! so alkyline;
On King Ranch Leather---So aniline. :eek:

Why the latest promotion/hype of using bathroom-cleaners on leathers?
Is S.C. Johnson in such dire straits?
(Perhaps they own Argentina cattle ranches?)

:)

Bob

NOTE @OP:
I'll just add to the below posts that the seat-padding is also trash.
But...At least the 'springs' are well-oiled. :D

No fix to that

The only thing thats going to fix that is a new piece of leather

Waxy
10-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Take it to a good trim shop & have the covers replaced.