PDA

View Full Version : Scratch in C5 top

MattsC5
05-21-2006, 10:00 AM
My C5 has a small scratch in the clear top. I got it using a California water blade. Can the scratch be removed?

Thanks http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/smilies/cheers.gif

Matt..

ScottB
05-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Hey Matt,

hope you dont mind but I repaired your .gif above. As for the lexan top on the C5, it is unlikely that it can be removed, unless it is truly a surface scratch. In order to keep mine new I constantly used Plexus to protect and I kept in a bag when not in use. One set of plastic polishes will help (unfortunately we dont carry them). Look for Novus Polish (comes in three steps) and you will need 2 and 3. You can use Plexus in place of 1.

OCDetails
05-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Are you talking about a scratch in the glass? Glass is significantly harder than paint. It isn't something that just rubs out. If you got a scratch in the glass then I would be surprised to find out it was caused by the water blade. Typically your car is much cleaner than to leave a rock capable of scratching glass on the surface.

Scratches in glass would likely require a machine to polish out. I've seen kits on the market that you might be able to use to polish out the scratch, buy my suggestion would be to take it to a glass shop that does windshields and ask their opinion. They would probably know more about glass than I do. Paint is something I know. Glass is just something I clean.