PDA

View Full Version : Collinite - not so bad after all?

Pages : [1] 2

Snowdrifter
10-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Just wondering why it seems like quite a few people are fussing about how hard it is to apply/remove. I just did a small test spot on my car with the 476 and even after waiting an hour for it to fully dry, it wiped right off. I would even go so far as to say it is one of the easier waxes I've used.

MI Mike
10-05-2012, 08:29 PM
I agree. It takes alittle while to be retrained. A little is all you need. Thin is in.
When you are so use to applying liberal amounts, its hard to break bad habits.

Madness87
10-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Just wondering why it seems like quite a few people are fussing about how hard it is to apply/remove. I just did a small test spot on my car with the 476 and even after waiting an hour for it to fully dry, it wiped right off. I would even go so far as to say it is one of the easier waxes I've used.

Have you tried other waxes? 476 is one of the harder waxes to apply and remove. It needs to go on super thin.

If you felt 476 was easy to aply and remove, you'll be astounded as to how easy other waxes are.

Don't get me wrong, I love Collinite, and am currently using Collinite 915 as my go to wax.

glen e
10-05-2012, 09:01 PM
It's when it's thick and dries in the sun that it's a #####.....

oldgeek
10-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I found the 476 not as tough to get off as its reputation. I do think it has a lot to do with temperature and humidity. I found 476 to be easier to remove than migliore original which I tried earlier this summer.

Snowdrifter
10-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Have you tried other waxes? 476 is one of the harder waxes to apply and remove. It needs to go on super thin.

If you felt 476 was easy to aply and remove, you'll be astounded as to how easy other waxes are.

Don't get me wrong, I love Collinite, and am currently using Collinite 915 as my go to wax.

So far, I've used Meguiars gold class and ultimate waxes. They are easy to wipe off, but they tend to 'grab' the microfiber like velcro. But, that might also be user error. I definitely apply those thicker than I did the collinite

mwoolfso
10-06-2012, 06:53 AM
It's when it's thick and dries in the sun that it's a #####.....

+1

BobbyG
10-06-2012, 07:31 AM
The Collinite line of products are nearly bullet proof in their performance but they can be difficult to remove is applied too think. What I don't understand is this also applies to nearly all waxes and products in general and that should be no surprise...

Collinite - :dblthumb2:

debordj
10-06-2012, 08:19 AM
I put 915 on thin and one panel at a time. Anything longer than that and it is not as easy to wipe off. But man is it good!

DaC
10-06-2012, 10:24 AM
I love my #885.... but hell I had a hard time taking it off on my last detail.... yes, it was my bad, I over applied it....
It had been quite a long time since I had last used it.... I was using DP Max Wax and WDGPS.....
But anyway, it served to teach me once again to apply LSPs very very thin... And boy it's a good but rough teacher.... :D

02whitetundra
10-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Even worse to work with is FK1000P. I've only had good luck one panel at a time with this one. Any more than one panel is a nightmare.

swanicyouth
10-06-2012, 04:02 PM
A foam applicator wet with DI water helps spread some of the harder to remove waxes thiner. Just spray it till its pretty wet and wring it out.

J Z06
10-06-2012, 06:19 PM
I have used 845 and 476s so far. ZERO complaints about either. I packed on 476s to my honda on the heavy side today. A bit of streaking but it was still very easy to wipe off. I did the whole car then buffed it off. No sweat. My Z06 is getting some 476s without a doubt. I dig collinite.

Snowdrifter
10-17-2012, 06:33 PM
I have used 845 and 476s so far. ZERO complaints about either. I packed on 476s to my honda on the heavy side today. A bit of streaking but it was still very easy to wipe off. I did the whole car then buffed it off. No sweat. My Z06 is getting some 476s without a doubt. I dig collinite.

Yup. I let mine try for 2 hours just for giggles and it came right off in 1-2 passes with a MF. No streaking for me haha.

Klasse was harder to remove than collinite if applied too thickly. It does NOT want to come off without a spritz of water on my cloth. Then that will remove both Klasse and caked on collinite without issue - just to give you an idea of my experience with it.

MTLean
10-17-2012, 07:46 PM
I love my 476s also! No problem removing with my PC w/ Riccardo MF bonnet followed by a soft microfiber, even applied to wheels for easy cleaning and great protection.