PDA

View Full Version : I "collinited" today!

oldgeek
10-04-2012, 10:18 PM
After spending all summer playing with all of these fancy, expensive, wowo waxes with their abundance of sparkling polymers and exotic ingredients and perfume-y scents, I decided to put a coat of 476 on the daily driver for the winter today. It was refreshing to use an honest, old-fashioned, unadulterated paste wax in a tin for a change. It even just smells like plain wax!

Because of its rather hard consistency, I found it rather easy and natural to hand apply thin. I expected it to be tough to get off... It didn't disappoint in that regard, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I found it easier to buff out than the Migliore original I tried a couple of months ago...

The results aren't quite as knock-your-socks-off sparkly like the high-priced spread, but it radiates a very pleasing warm carnauba glow that I remember as a kid.

I'm anxious to see if it lives up to its reputation of durability.

Wors
10-04-2012, 10:25 PM
The results aren't quite as knock-your-socks-off sparkly like the high-priced spread, but it radiates a very pleasing warm carnauba glow that I remember as a kid.

Post a picture please.

Hoytman
10-05-2012, 12:32 AM

I'm anxious to see if it lives up to its reputation of durability.

Just put your other waxes over the collinite if you think it looks better. The collinite will still be there and will live up to its reputation. A second coat of another wax of your choice only adds to its life.