PDA

View Full Version : Best Cell Phone Case?

Pages : [1] 2 3

TripleB
10-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Getting ready to buy an iPhone 5 for my 16 year old daughter (as of Sunday).

Who makes the best case for protecting the cell phone?

Probably don't want anything too bulky since it is for a 16 year old female who will probably carry it in her pocket or in this small 'little larger than a wallet' type thing she carries.

Thanks.

TripleB

wangotango
10-04-2012, 09:33 AM
let her get the cover
you will NEVER be able to get the right one
she knows, you don't
she's 16

aerogt01
10-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Invisible Shield. That thing is like armor plating.

stephent007
10-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Otterbox makes the best cases. Check out their commuter series

MTLean
10-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Otterbox makes the best cases. Check out their commuter series

Yup id say ebay one for 1/3 of the price. Im on my 4th one after 2 years and phone is mint.

SilverHawk
10-04-2012, 09:54 AM
I have the Otterbox defender for my IPhone 4S. Plus the Mophie juice pack. The commuter is thinner then the defender but no screen protection. Also buy the Apple care+ it gives you 2 years of tech support plus covers water damage too the phone. I have it on mine.

Mike Phillips
10-04-2012, 09:59 AM
I have the Otterbox defender for my IPhone 4S.

I have the same in blue. Have had a number of cases and this is been the best so far. Bought one for my son also.

I really abuse mine to as everyday I take it out of the case to plug it into my Bose Soundock when in my office and also when I shoot imovies. Then at night, put it back in the case for the drive home.

I give it :dblthumb2:

:D

stephent007
10-04-2012, 10:09 AM
I have the Otterbox defender for my IPhone 4S. Plus the Mophie juice pack. The commuter is thinner then the defender but no screen protection. Also buy the Apple care+ it gives you 2 years of tech support plus covers water damage too the phone. I have it on mine.

I agree, the defender is a tank but it is a bit bulky. The commuter does come with a screen protector.

jjj
10-04-2012, 10:15 AM
I have ob on both iPhone and evo. Been through hell and back. Phones still look new out of the case!

Chris's FX4
10-04-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm on my second Otter Box for my Blackberry. Been dropped numerous times, mostly from table height or falling out of my pocket getting out of the truck, and the phone is still mint. Included screen protector is great too.:xyxthumbs:

Oh, my first one cracked this summer after landing on concrete, but my phone was safe.

NAVYJOE11
10-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Otterbox commuter series for best overall protection and not being to bulky. I have the defender series and its pretty hefty. Even though commuter series dont have screen protectors your better off with invisishield or any screen protector. The phone will be indesrtuctable then!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

chris.ganucheau
10-04-2012, 11:09 AM
I prefer the lifeproof case. It is not as bulky as the otterbox an it is water proof, dirt, an shock proof. I've had mine under water an it really is water proof. Yes it's a more expensive but I went from an otterbox to the life proof an it's soo much nicer, you don't have to worry about the rubber case stretching an not fitting snug anymore.

Mayassa
10-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Element case.

TimelessR1
10-04-2012, 11:13 AM
I prefer the lifeproof case. It is not as bulky as the otterbox an it is water proof, dirt, an shock proof. I've had mine under water an it really is water proof. Yes it's a more expensive but I went from an otterbox to the life proof an it's soo much nicer, you don't have to worry about the rubber case stretching an not fitting snug anymore.

I also have the Lifeproof case for my 4S! Awesome case...less bulky then the Otter, is completely waterproof down to 6 feet! It's shock proof also! :xyxthumbs:

mackey
10-04-2012, 11:26 AM
i like the magpul case for my 4S though i dont believe they have one for the 5 yet. they primarily make firearm accessories so you know they built for ruggedness (its the same polymer they use for their mag loops). i had their exec for my 4 and field line for my 4s and like both. does what i need and not overly expensive and made in the US

otterbox was overpriced and i didnt like that it snagged in my pocket and was overly bulky. i tried the defender, commute (which broke from one drop) and impact and didnt like any of them so its not like i didnt try. plus theyre made in china and the counterfeits are probably made in the same plant and no worse than the legit ones. i dont care if theyre made in china but i dont believe theyre should command the price they are asking IMO.

screen protectors are cheap. you can get a 3 or 6pk for $1.

YMMV