PDA

View Full Version : AGO PMs not working

Wors
10-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Is anyone else having issues sending PMs? I receive the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@autogeekonline.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Wors
10-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Anyone else having issues?

TroyScherer
10-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Is anyone else having issues sending PMs? I receive the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@autogeekonline.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I would Email the web Master as it is asking. Most likely the quickest way to get it fixed.

Wors
10-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks Troy. An email has already been sent. Just curious if any other members were experiencing the same issue.

Wors
10-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Working now, thanks AGO.

Mike Phillips
10-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Just to chime in...

I've been getting and sending PM's since I arrived here at 7:00am this morning without any problems.

I always prefer people to ask their questions on the forum when possible...

But it's working for me...

:dblthumb2:

Wors
10-04-2012, 10:30 AM
I sent one ~7AM and for 2 hours it would not work from different computers & networks. It works now so everything is good.

Nick McKees37
10-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Everything checked out fine on our end.

mwoolfso
10-04-2012, 11:00 AM
It has happened to me every now and again. I just wait and things just seem to work itself out over time.

stibuki
10-04-2012, 12:44 PM
I get the same error message from time to time. I can tell you for a fact that its a server side issue and it's more than one. In some cases it's repeatable and in some it's not. For me most recently it was related to PM size as you PM back and forth to the same recipient and quotes are added and size increases it eventually spits back a 404 error! Reducing the PM size by eliminating all correspondence except last quote and current reply will be sent without error. I've also had this happen with small size PM's one or twice, fixed themselves in a few hours.

The 404 error is somewhat generic and can be related to a few different things. I have also experienced the same error for time to time when searching for posts by key word. Results come up but when you click through to the post same 404 error! A few nights ago for about 2 hours the forums had a problem refreshing and was displaying previous posts and not totally current ones.

Additionally at times in the evenings the server slows down and lags some. I did a few quick tests and it's not on my end of any of the hops. Forum software could use a few tweaks and also I suspect there are some load issues or bandwidth issues. I would have your host look into this a bit.

Wors
10-04-2012, 12:53 PM
I get the same error message from time to time. I can tell you for a fact that its a server side issue and it's more than one. In some cases it's repeatable and in some it's not. For me most recently it was related to PM size as you PM back and forth to the same recipient and quotes are added and size increases it eventually spits back a 404 error! Reducing the PM size by eliminating all correspondence except last quote and current reply will be sent without error. I've also had this happen with small size PM's one or twice, fixed themselves in a few hours.

The 404 error is somewhat generic and can be related to a few different things. I have also experienced the same error for time to time when searching for posts by key word. Results come up but when you click through to the post same 404 error! A few nights ago for about 2 hours the forums had a problem refreshing and was displaying previous posts and not totally current ones.

Additionally at times in the evenings the server slows down and lags some. I did a few quick tests and it's not on my end of any of the hops. Forum software could use a few tweaks and also I suspect there are some load issues or bandwidth issues. I would have your host look into this a bit.

Yes, I agree. This is the first time I have experienced the issue. I did try to send a smaller PM(one sentence) that was very short with no quotes. Multiple tries were made from different computers through different ISPs. It is working now. I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone else had the same issue.

stibuki
10-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Yes, I agree. This is the first time I have experienced the issue. I did try to send a smaller PM(one sentence) that was very short with no quotes. Multiple tries were made from different computers through different ISPs. It is working now. I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone else had the same issue.

I would suspect that once it get it's scheduled maintenance and reboot the issues are temporally cleared up only to reappear after a certain amount or time and load.