PDA

View Full Version : glass prep ?? Final product?

MinnBobber
10-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Hi,
Brand new vehicle:
so I've washed, Iron-X'd, clayed, and am prepping the paint with Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion/ Flex 3401.

---For deep cleaning/prepping the glass, would you use the same Pinn Cleansing Lotion/Flex OR some other product?? FYI, I also clayed the glass with Pinn Ultra Fine when I did the paint.

On another new car I used Meg 205 on the glass, applied by hand, and finished with BFWetDiamSealant on all windows except the windshield. I was pleased with the results

It's a sportwagon so a lot of glass and I want the glass to really pop.
---What prep product and final product will give that ultimate look?

I do have the GTechnique 15 ml G1/G2 so am thinking of trying that on the windshield after it is thoroughly cleaned/polished.

Thanks for any suggestions/ideas.

Old Tiger
10-05-2012, 07:35 PM
G1 is a good product. I have it on my vehicles. Optimum and CarPro are releasing glass coatings too.

Rsurfer
10-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Hi,
Brand new vehicle:
so I've washed, Iron-X'd, clayed, and am prepping the paint with Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion/ Flex 3401.

---For deep cleaning/prepping the glass, would you use the same Pinn Cleansing Lotion/Flex OR some other product?? FYI, I also clayed the glass with Pinn Ultra Fine when I did the paint.

On another new car I used Meg 205 on the glass, applied by hand, and finished with BFWetDiamSealant on all windows except the windshield. I was pleased with the results

It's a sportwagon so a lot of glass and I want the glass to really pop.
---What prep product and final product will give that ultimate look?

I do have the GTechnique 15 ml G1/G2 so am thinking of trying that on the windshield after it is thoroughly cleaned/polished.

Thanks for any suggestions/ideas.
Use G4 to prep the glass or IPA before applying G1. If you run out of G2 to remove G1, just use alcohol. G5 for the side and rear glass is good.