PDA

View Full Version : Quick detailer and paint sealant bonding?

NAVYJOE11
10-03-2012, 09:45 PM
I recently washed, clayed, polished (some of the truck) and applied paint sealant. My issue was it took me so long i did not want to apply the sealant when i was done because evening dew would be setting in in about 4 hours. I had to finish it up the next morning. I have no garage and i live in an apartment, so i wiped the dust off that gathered on it overnight with WG QD, I didn't know what else to do. Will this cause the paint sealant to not bond properly? Please help this noob in need:bowdown: . P.S. anyone live in the indianapolis area.

DaveT435
10-03-2012, 10:04 PM
What sealant are you using??

ArkayoDeetayo
10-03-2012, 10:14 PM
there is no problem, wipe off with wg qd, and goto town with the wgdgps 3.0, repeat the day after also

Chris's FX4
10-03-2012, 10:23 PM
I think it may affect the bonding slightly, to the extent I don't know though. I hope Nick or someone could comment on this.

If you read the product page it says it leaves a thin coating of protection, and that it needs to cure before you can apply another coat.

Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-instant-detail-spritz.html)

2old2change
10-03-2012, 11:47 PM
About 12 hrs is a average time for sealant curing and that can be affected by humidity. Anything you place on it during that time might affect the sealant. As for applying the WG QD before the sealant I personally would do a wipedown before putting on the sealant. IPA,Eraser or similar product would work just fine IMO. You are finding that Indiana weather is not your friend this time of year lol.

Mike Phillips
10-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Good questions, actually a fairly common question... also a question I answered in 2004 on MOL...

A question on wax bonding and the potential for interference by a quick detailer? (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5067)

:)

NAVYJOE11
10-04-2012, 06:45 PM
This forum is a god send! most informative and active forum i have ever been a part of. You guys are awesome, especially you mike. Thanks for the help