PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cleaner for Tinted Windows...?

Pages : [1] 2

Jaayman
10-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Hi there!

The other day, I purchased some ' LA's TOTALLY AWESOME Auto Glass Cleaner '

It's cheap stuff (I don't see justice in spending $$$ on glass cleaner) however the question is:

Is it safe to use on tinted windows? It says on the side safe for tinted windows, however, it has an Ammonia Solution in the ingredients. I thought Ammonia was a 'steer clear' for tinted surfaces?

Obviously I understand you get what you pay for, but, what do you guys think? In general, is it 'safe' to use a glass cleaner on tinted windows if an Ammonia Solution is present, and it claims it's safe haha?

Thanks,
Jay!
Jay!

Rsurfer
10-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi there!

The other day, I purchased some ' LA's TOTALLY AWESOME Auto Glass Cleaner '

It's cheap stuff (I don't see justice in spending $$$ on glass cleaner) however the question is:

Is it safe to use on tinted windows? It says on the side safe for tinted windows, however, it has an Ammonia Solution in the ingredients. I thought Ammonia was a 'steer clear' for tinted surfaces?

Obviously I understand you get what you pay for, but, what do you guys think? In general, is it 'safe' to use a glass cleaner on tinted windows if an Ammonia Solution is present, and it claims it's safe haha?

Thanks,
Jay!
Jay!

If they did not state that it was safe for tinted windows I would not try it. Being that it stated it was safe I would use it.

dad07
10-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Jay Jay if your not sure don't use it.

you prbably got it at the dollar store right?

do yourself a favor and get some Megs d120 glass cleaner in the gallon size.

1 gallon will make 11 gallons of cleaner which comes out to about .46 cents a 32 oz bottle.Less than half of what you paid for the other stuff.

and yes its tint safe!

Jaayman
10-03-2012, 06:49 PM
If they did not state that it was safe for tinted windows I would not try it. Being that it stated it was safe I would use it.

Alright, thanks for that :) Cheers!

1 gallon will make 11 gallons of cleaner which comes out to about .46 cents a 32 oz bottle.Less than half of what you paid for the other stuff.

and yes its tint safe!

In New Zealand, Meguiar's products are hellishly expensive - i.e. a spray bottle of glass cleaner is like $25? Unfortunately, bulk stuff isn't readily available and if it is, again, you pay a decent amount. I found this stuff at a dollar store yes, thought it'd be good on other windows without tint, however thought I should ask here as a friend has tinted windows!

Thanks for the answers, and advice guys!

Question SOLVED :)

rider9195
10-03-2012, 06:51 PM
You can also buy Sprayway Glass Cleaner. It's cheap and in my opinion the best glass cleaner I have personally used.

RTexasF
10-03-2012, 06:57 PM
You can also buy Sprayway Glass Cleaner. It's cheap and in my opinion the best glass cleaner I have personally used.

I agree 1000 fold. Look at Sam's, Wallymart, or your grocery store. It even shames Stoner's as the top window cleaner and safe for tint.

dcjredline
10-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Orrrrrr, if you think its nuts spending money on glass cleaner just use a MF towel and water!!

goturmojoon
10-03-2012, 07:57 PM
White Vingar and H2O 50/50 RATIO........I buy it in a 1 gallon jug...Works great!

Executive Detail
10-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Orrrrrr, if you think its nuts spending money on glass cleaner just use a MF towel and water!!
:iagree:Distilled water is the cheapest, ready-to-use glass cleaner on the market.

jjj
10-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Spray away glass cleaner is a good choice. Most ammonia free cleaners are ok.

KillaCam
10-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Meg's 120 user here. Plus you can use this stuff around the house and the smell is amazing. One gallon of the concentrate will last you years.

beantown
10-04-2012, 11:44 AM
I've been using Stoner's Invisible Glass on my tinted windows for a few years. Relatively inexpensive and widely available.

Also as said, sprayaway is also a great option for tinted glass.

Sent via Tapatalk

Infinitiman
10-04-2012, 06:40 PM

and yes its tint safe!

+1 totally agree!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RTexasF
10-04-2012, 07:39 PM
For what it's worth it's SPRAYWAY not Spray Away.

jjj
10-04-2012, 08:12 PM
For what it's worth it's SPRAYWAY not Spray Away.

Yeah tell my smart ass phone that.