PDA

View Full Version : ? About WolfGang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

EddieF
10-03-2012, 03:57 PM
I just recieved my order and my free sample is WGDGPS. My question is, after I apply the sealant, can I apply collonite 845 after the sealant? Thanks.

Setec Astronomy
10-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Ideally you would let the WGDGPS cure for 12-24 hours before the Collinite...but it wouldn't be the end of the world if you topped it in less time than that.

MaxT
10-03-2012, 04:01 PM
you have to let the sealant cure, but once it is cured, you sure can apply a wax, such as 845

rider9195
10-03-2012, 04:02 PM
It would be best to wait 8-12 hours for the Wolfgang to bond. But why top with 845? The Wolfgang alone looks great! And two coats are even better.

EddieF
10-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Ive read a lot of people applying a wax after a sealant for extra protection. Winter is around the corner so I'm preparing the car for an ugly winter. Thanks for all the input.

Chris's FX4
10-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Ive read a lot of people applying a wax after a sealant for extra protection. Winter is around the corner so I'm preparing the car for an ugly winter. Thanks for all the input.

I would just do another coat of WGDGPS then. That's what I do with my truck, and it easily lasts from August-April. My truck is also outside 24/7, and I live in a place that averages 200inches of snow each winter.

If you really want to top with 845 then I would wait the 12hrs. Give the second coat of WGDGPS a try though, I think you'll be as equally happy.:xyxthumbs:

EddieF
10-03-2012, 04:29 PM
I would just do another coat of WGDGPS then. That's what I do with my truck, and it easily lasts from August-April. My truck is also outside 24/7, and I live in a place that averages 200inches of snow each winter.

If you really want to top with 845 then I would wait the 12hrs. Give the second coat of WGDGPS a try though, I think you'll be as equally happy.:xyxthumbs:
Sounds like a plan. Is it ok to use a spray wax, like xmt 360 down the road after a wash?

TroyScherer
10-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Sounds like a plan. Is it ok to use a spray wax, like xmt 360 down the road after a wash?

Absolutely.

My plan of attack would be.

WDGPS x2
Spray wax after every wash

maxniman
10-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Absolutely.

WDGPS x2

:iagree: I would just go with 2 coats of WG

EddieF
10-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Absolutely.

WDGPS x2

:dblthumb2:

Lakhum
10-12-2012, 03:52 AM
Sorry for being a noob, by two coats you mean wait for 12-24 hours and then re apply. Not right away? Correct.

imranhakro
10-12-2012, 04:28 AM
Sorry for being a noob, by two coats you mean wait for 12-24 hours and then re apply. Not right away? Correct.

Exactly...

addysdaddy
10-12-2012, 05:59 AM

For the "sisters", WG Deep Liquid Sealant or BFCS, you only need to wait 1-2 hours for the sealant to bond - then apply an additional coat. I've checked this information out with Todd & Nick who both confirm this. (keep in mind that Todd is the Development Mgr for BF) No need to wait that long. BTW, I just applied 4 coats of the new WG Liquid Sealant - it's fantastic.

imranhakro
10-12-2012, 07:21 AM
For the "sisters", WG Deep Liquid Sealant or BFCS, you only need to wait 1-2 hours for the sealant to bond - then apply an additional coat. I've checked this information out with Todd & Nick who both confirm this. (keep in mind that Todd is the Development Mgr for BF) No need to wait that long. BTW, I just applied 4 coats of the new WG Liquid Sealant - it's fantastic.

Autogeek.net and Wolfgangcarcare.com suggest that in order to achieve a slick, durable finish, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 must cure for at least 12-24 hours (depending upon humidity) curing time before another coat.

By the way 4 coats is a over kill and waste of product :)

Chris's FX4
10-12-2012, 09:26 AM

I think Lakhum was referencing Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, not Liquid Seal. In which case yes, at least 12hrs is the minimum cure time for WGDGPS.