PDA

View Full Version : Help With Carpet Extractor

seanconway34
10-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi, I recently picked up a Mytee Tempo Extractor which has around the same features and strenths of the Aztek Carpet Extractor except for the water heating element. This is not a problem for me as I have a water bucker heater which heats water to boiling in ten minutes. I'm having a problem extracting tough stains out when using the extractor, what am I doing wrong. I put 10oz of carpet shampoo in extractor and I pretreat dirt with a degreaser 10:1 and stains with folex and vigororusly scrub. What am I doing wrong because I can't seem to get tough stains out? Should I wait after scrubbing before extracting?

Setec Astronomy
10-03-2012, 03:50 PM
What kind of stains are these? Tar? Coffee? Red Juice?

seanconway34
10-03-2012, 03:51 PM
What kind of stains are these? Tar? Coffee? Red Juice?
The stains that I usually have trouble with are the stains on the drivers mat where the left foot rests, I also have problems with tar stains

rider9195
10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Those heel marks/stains are nearly impossible to remove.

jwellsii
10-03-2012, 05:56 PM
heel marks are usually worn fibers not stains. Also don't wast your cleaner in the extractor when you are prespraying, if you add anything add a fiber rinse. Also you may want to check and see what the maximum temperature of water you can run through your pump before you burn it up. On a heated extractor the water runs through the pump then the heater then out to your upholstery tool.

We use a citrus-gel on tar.

tpr1634
10-03-2012, 06:10 PM
I have the Mytee lite 2, I pretreat, I add nothing to the unit, don't expect 100% results. I use pro extract power cut 20 to 1 spray light scrub let set for a couple of minutes extract!