PDA

View Full Version : Now what?

scooterguitar
05-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Just finished my thrid coat of Natty's Blue, I love that stuff!
So, what comes next? Do people expereiment, like I was thinking my next wash to put on another coat of EX-P and then another couple coats of Nat's. IS this worth it? Tell me more about layering please.
What do you guys do after washing and already did everything recently (polish, seal, wax, etc)?
I also totally did my fiancee's mini van, looks great. Our (her!) problem is, she drives lots of miles for work and usually just takes it to a car wash (argh), there's no way I can keep up with hers. So, if she insists on the car wash, what should I do? Don't they strip about everything off? Maybe just a qd liek the crystal mist?

ScottB
05-21-2006, 12:30 PM
dont add a sealant (EXP) over a carnuaba (nattys). Basically at this point you are done. You can add Crystal Mist over it as necessary to amp the surface or a coat of Quikshine, or Poorboys Spray and Gloss. Thats about all youll need until you add another coat of Nattys.

As for the GF, if she insists on a car wash then I highly suggest using a paint sealant and no carnuabas. Stop at two coat of EX-P and then use the spray above after the car wash to add gloss. (Poorboys , Quikshine)

Neothin
05-21-2006, 08:08 PM
even with using sealants, they aren't going to last more than say a month against the somewhat harsh wash soaps used in touchless car washes (because she does go to a touchless... right...?). I would try topping the layers of sealant with something like a collinite wax or the discontinued meguiar's #16 (if you can find some anywhere!). these waxes are known for their durability :D