PDA

View Full Version : need advice on what to buy

Pages : [1] 2

Kelso
03-05-2006, 09:38 PM
ok well ive never ordered from autogeek but now that i got my bimmer, im gonn take great care of it, and probably start a detailing business in a year or 2. i got the code in my pm and first want to know if i can use that on an order with multiple products or is it 15% off on thing and only one thing?

next i want to know what to get. i have an alpine white 318ti sport with cloth and leather seats and black interior. the leather is damaged on the drivers seat but i need to condition the other 3 and what i can for the driver seat. so leather condition is a must. i need more claybar and towels. i could also use a dressing. ive been using armor all on the tires and black magic on the interior, almost out of that stuff. so what products/kits do you recommend and is wolfgang the only site with free shipping cause id appreciate that too.
again i need atleast:

claybar
leather cleaner/condition
interior cleaner and dressing
maybe some wax and polish
towels for washing and for detailing and applicator pads
might buy a duster as well.
open to suggestions on other products i should get but please point me in the right path for all of these things

killerfox
03-05-2006, 09:57 PM
I can say that anything from poorboys is a great choice. The products are not expensive, do exactly what they claim to be for, are easy to apply and remove even in the hot sun. I have 2 BMW's and only use POORBOYS products on them. You didn't say what equipment you have already but I would get PC and set of foam pads, you'll save your arms a lot of work.

BlkTac05
03-05-2006, 10:32 PM
To start with......Take some time to check out the Autogeek,Pinnacle & Wolfgang online stores. There's plenty of options & quality products to choose from, that's for sure. In an effort to directly answer your question I recommend the following:
Claybar: I like the Sonus claybars from Autopia.
Leather cleaner/conditioner: My top 2 would be the leather products from Chemical Guy's & Zaino.
Interior cleaner: Woolite & water ( used on carpet,apholstery,vinyl & plastic.
Interior dressing: Chemical Guy's V.R.T, 303 & the 1Z products.
Polishes: Poorboy's,Menzerna & Optimum
Waxes: Pinnacle Souveran,Poorboy's Natty's Blue,FK1 Pink Wax,Trade Secret,DP Max Wax & P21S (just to name a few)
Detailing towels:The Sonus micro fiber & Concours Buffing Towels from Autopia,Any of the mf's from Pakshak & ExcelDetail.
If you're looking to buy from one site, then once again, look no further than Autogeek. However, there are other sites with different product lines that are top notch as well. (*****, ***** & Pak****)
You're also gonna need a good quality quick detail spray. Finish Kare #425,ClearKote QuickShine,Poorboy's Spray & Gloss,Zaino Z6/Z8 & Pinnacle Crystal Mist are my favorites.There are plenty of other products that are needed for your arsenal (Glass cleaner, tire dressing,trim/rubber seal dressing,perhaps some chrome polish,paint sealants etc...), but I think I gone on long enough! (lol) Good Luck!!

Sherman8r44
03-05-2006, 10:46 PM
15% off is for your entire order. pinnaclewax.com and wolfgangcarcare.com both have free shipping. Here's what I would recommend:

clay: Opti-clay or Chemical Guys clay
Leather and interior cleaner: DP Total Interior Cleaner or just 1Woolite:6water
Leather Conditioner: Four Star Ultimate Leather Conditioner or CG Leather Conditioner
Interior dressing: CG VRT or Meg's #40
Sealant: DP Premium Surface Shield or CG Top Coat
Wax: CG paste wax, DP Max Wax, or Collinite 845
Exterior Dressing: CG Liquid Extreme Shine or PB Trim Restorer
Towels: Cobra Super Plush or Danase Super Plush

Autogeek.net rules and make some excellent products (WG, Pinnacle, and DP), but other vendors like **** also have other product lines, great CS and sweet deals.

BritOn2wheels
03-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Great recommendations so far, but no mention so far of the glass. Personnally I'd recommend Stoners Invisible Glass. Absolutely the best glass cleaner I've ever found. (Autogeek have it too ;) ).

Jim in VA
03-06-2006, 03:02 PM
I second the Stoner's for the glass.

Miami_Sunset
03-07-2006, 03:43 AM
Autogeek.net rules and make some excellent products (WG, Pinnacle, and DP), but other vendors like ***** also have other product lines, great CS and sweet deals.

I agree :cool:

05Grand
03-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Nobody mentioned this but you should definately ditch the Armour All ASAP. That stuff is questionable at best.

Hawhyen51
03-07-2006, 05:59 PM
You might also look into Autogeek's Special Value packages or some of the other online detailing sites for their value/starter packages. Another option would be to email or PM Matt@autogeek.net to put together a package for you based on your needs. Lot of options available. Good Luck with your choices and have a fun time detailing.

Kelso
03-07-2006, 06:09 PM
i personally prefer to wax by hand, but i do have a buffer...i dont like it, its a piece of ####. i also have access to the pnuematical orbitals at work.ill get a PC one day, maybe when i get closer to actually starting a detailing business or something,but not right now.

and i have only been using the armor all on my tires, i dont like it on the interior. i think its alright if you use it a lot, but if you only dress the interior once in a while, it can harm it.thats just my take on it.
i think i might get some stoners as well.didnt think about that before.

on second thought i might just wait and use the 10 percent off code instead because it doesnt go away in 10 days...i dont need to spend more money, just spent 6 grand that i dont have for this car!thanks a lot for the suggestions

ScottB
03-07-2006, 07:22 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-world-sale.html

I offer this kit on the corvetteforum for all new detailers and pro's alike, as it contains almost everything you need. With or without a buffer. Just add a guzzler for drying and a bottle of PB EX-P if you need a sealant. Car wash of your choice, and you are ready to shine.

Kelso
03-08-2006, 09:59 PM
nah like i said im not too interested in the PC right now, plus that kit just doesnt seem to have the stuff i want, and its small quantities...i prefer buying in bulk or atleast buying like a gallon instead of a few ounces.pay a little more usually, but you order less often and get more value.

FloridaNative
05-09-2006, 03:43 PM
ive been using armor all on the tires and black magic on the interior, almost out of that stuff. so what products/kits do you recommend

I believe that Black Magic has silicates in it. You might want to check the label, but if it does it will dry out your dash prematurely.

I agree with all the other posters about Invisible Glass. It's great stuff! But DP Krystal Vision is supposed to be even better. I myself have not used it yet, but there is alot of good feedback about that product. Just my 2 cents. :)

Kelso
05-09-2006, 04:50 PM
my boss told me black magic has silicone in it. if it dries out the dash, im not using it any more. im almost out anyways and wasnt sure what product i should get next for the interior cause i only use armor all on the tires. even though this thread is two months old, and i actualy do have a PC kit on the way which i didnt plan on getting before. what do most people use on the interior?

ScottB
05-09-2006, 05:59 PM
my boss told me black magic has silicone in it. if it dries out the dash, im not using it any more. im almost out anyways and wasnt sure what product i should get next for the interior cause i only use armor all on the tires. even though this thread is two months old, and i actualy do have a PC kit on the way which i didnt plan on getting before. what do most people use on the interior?

303 Protectant :awesome: