PDA

View Full Version : carnuba myth getting ugly on autopia!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

trhland
04-18-2007, 03:09 PM
autopia carnuba myth post .a member on there insists that white carnuba is only hype. he backs this up with info from his company who manufacturs carnuba wax. very interesting post. is it true?? he sounds very convincing. hmmm.

P1et
04-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Hey, as long as it looks good when applied on my paint, I don't care what's in it!!!

:)

justin_murphy
04-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey, as long as it looks good when applied on my paint, I don't care what's in it!!!

:)

Amen!

I'm the same way. I'm using 1.00 tire dressing now (32oz's!) and simply love it!!!!

Who freaking cares about the price!!!!

trhland
04-18-2007, 03:24 PM

:)i have to agree. but its nice to learn about carnuba .

orngez
04-18-2007, 03:33 PM
a lot of it is hype but just remember wax is a retail product...even the chemical guys have told me a high end wax like souveran and petes53 is maybe only 10 or 12 dollars more a jar to produce than most other waxes...but you multiply the retail return needed on these products..usually 2 to three times the production cost....that equates into a 30-36 dollar raise in price on the top end...add a little fancy marketing...viola...50 dollar jar of wax....

budman3
04-18-2007, 03:39 PM
I didn't think that thread was that bad at all... it has a lot of good information that I never knew about. There certainly has been worse threads on that site. I'm fine with my $15-20 waxes...

trhland
04-18-2007, 04:19 PM
the the guy who started this post on autopia has just ended his post with not posting anymore on autopia do to a moderater warning him . so this isnt even worth chatting about. that guy seems very strange from the way he left his posts in my own opinion. i shouldnt even have brought this up do to this is one guy saying this. so any way moving on to bigger and better things cant wait to try out my new pinnicle series2 i recieved wenday. :o

ScottB
04-18-2007, 04:22 PM
he is a seller, as such it is his responsibility to challenge other products. All I can tell you from conversations is that it is more than just "cloroxed" product. At the end of the day, I see a difference over yellow waxes, and thus happy with result.

trhland
04-18-2007, 04:30 PM
he is a seller, as such it is his responsibility to challenge other products. All I can tell you from conversations is that it is more than just "cloroxed" product. At the end of the day, I see a difference over yellow waxes, and thus happy with result.i think hes just looking for attention. ill stick with a/g ive learned alot from you scott. most poeple who work for a company like your self are tought to try to push the companys products. but i have to say not the case for you .your honest about what would work best for me . i was all set to buy souveran paste wax. intill you said the sig series would work better for my needs . and thats great your looking out for my best interest . thanks.

TOM

ScottB
04-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Sig Series II is amazing on light cars and especially metallics. It is a hidden gem , trust me. Use it like Souveran with WOWO method while still damp and you should have 30 plus applications from the jar. Light carressing over the top of the wax is all thats needed.

Thank you ...for your kind comments. AG carries alot of my favorite products, because they listen to consumer and mods alike.

ltoman
04-18-2007, 05:03 PM
i think hes just looking for attention. ill stick with a/g ive learned alot from you scott. most poeple who work for a company like your self are tought to try to push the companys products. but i have to say not the case for you .your honest about what would work best for me . i was all set to buy souveran paste wax. intill you said the sig series would work better for my needs . and thats great your looking out for my best interest . thanks.

TOM

Tom,
I think the Sig Series 2 will last you even longer than the Souveran jar would, due to its consistency. But that is only my two cents. But then I think Sammie is the cutest little girl in the world, so you see how I think..hee hee
It also does look fantastic on metallics. You saw the flake on my green van when I posted it, right? Signature series 2, thank you!

Good luck with your vehicle - I look forward to seeing your post!
Luv,
Lauren

Bence
04-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Actually Ben is quite knowledgeable - just as another guy who is a member of the Anwander family... Yes, they are the manufacturers of Swissol.

Nica
04-18-2007, 06:13 PM
I read some of the information at the other forum and it's actually quite informative :D but I just don't like it when people get so up tight and they feel that they must be right and everyone else is wrong. Don’t' get me wrong, the topic is very interesting and I've learned lots from reading it ;) but...just because you know something doesn’t mean you have to go and change the world. I for one am willing to spend $1,850.00 or $7,000.00 for the Vintage or the Royale because I believe in them...but then again that's just my opinion right. Bottom line is, people need to remember that the world is round and that everyone has a different point of view...that's how I feel about that discussion.....like I said the topic is extremely informative though and I enjoyed reading it Im the MAN

sneek
04-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I never really got this whole obsession with LSPs. I won't lie, I am a sucker for hype, but evrey month there is a new "must ha" LSP! What I don't get is why people love LSP's so much! I mean sure a good LSP can tweak the look a little bit, but I kind of doubt any of our customers could tell the difference. :D what we should really talk about is prep work! :P Everyone on every forum talks about how they believe that it is all about the prep, but then they go off and tell people how great it is. :wall:

trhland
04-18-2007, 06:42 PM
I never really got this whole obsession with LSPs. I won't lie, I am a sucker for hype, but evrey month there is a new "must ha" LSP! What I don't get is why people love LSP's so much! I mean sure a good LSP can tweak the look a little bit, but I kind of doubt any of our customers could tell the difference. :D what we should really talk about is prep work! :P Everyone on every forum talks about how they believe that it is all about the prep, but then they go off and tell people how great it is. :wall:yes prep work is the key to an awesome shine. wax is just the iceing on the cake. to give it that bling and protection:p