PDA

View Full Version : hello everybody from EV owner in Israel

EV044
10-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi everybody,

Since a few months I am the proud owner of the 44th (out of the first 100) mass-produced Electric Vehicle (EV) to hit the roads here. It is a Renault Fluence ZE (Zero Emission), painted light metallic blue:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Renault_Fluence_2.JPG

Like I think quite a few people here, my introduction to detailing occurred accidentally when someone scratched three panels on the side of my new car. Aghast, I contacted the service center where I was told that the repair would require repainting these panels at a total cost of around $2,000.

I decided to search the Internet for alternative solutions, saw quite a few clips on YouTube and found this forum.

As I am relatively handy and not afraid to take on something new, I decided I am going to try to fix one scratch myself and see how it works out. After all, I can always go back to the service center and have them repaint the panel.

I have read most threads relating to deep scratch repair here, but I am going to need quite a lot of advice, which is why I will post a thread with pictures in the "Ask the Expert featuring Mike Phillips" forum. See you there!

Ariel

Bill1234
10-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the forum, Nice looking car, here in the united states the EVs have not really been sold alot yet. Hopefully you will be able to fix the scratch

mjlinane
10-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Welcome to AGO!!

cmichael258
10-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Welcome to the Autogeek forum. You definitely found the right place to receive great advice and support. (hope they weren't towing away your car).

Flash Gordon
10-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Welcome from Memphis Ariel

I fixed a nasty scratch today!

BobbyG
10-02-2012, 05:27 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online Ariel!!:props:

Don't be afraid to tackle most of these jobs yourself. Once you begin to gain some knowledge you'll be pleasantly surprised how much of this you can do yourself with outstanding results.

Do some reading then apply that knowledge. Take your time and set your own pace. If you have questions simple post them in the appropriate category and you'll be impressed how quickly you'll receive answers and recommendations....:props:

Stick with the basics.

This link will take you to some fabulous articles written by Mike Phillips.

Articles by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/23722-articles-mike-phillips.html)

Basic steps in order are:

Wash
Clay
Paint Correction & Polish
Seal
Wax

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/43535-key-repair-step-step-procedure.html#post576745

EV044
10-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Thanks everybody!
@cmichael258: no, the photo is from when they delivered the car!
@Flash Gordon: any photos or video to show what and how you fixed your scratch?
I have now posted my more in depth thread in the "Ask the Expert featuring Mike Phillips" forum.

MadMerc
10-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Welcome from Chicago!

sproketser
10-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Welcome aboard .