PDA

View Full Version : Advice on m105

Pages : [1] 2

Baconz2012
10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Hello AG! I just got finished polishing the driver side of my step dad's 2007 gmc. I used the GG 6" RO with LC orange on m105. The results I got were pretty great. A lot of swirls were removed, but some deeper ones stayed due to them being kind of deep. Anyway, when using m105 it tended to dust a lot. It also seems like as soon as I start buffing their isn't that visible product like when working with m105. It almost seems like it dries up right away and I'm buffing it with just a pad. Any help would be appreciated guys. Sorry if it's kind of hard to understand, tried my best to explain it.

Rsurfer
10-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Hello AG! I just got finished polishing the driver side of my step dad's 2007 gmc. I used the GG 6" RO with LC orange on m105. The results I got were pretty great. A lot of swirls were removed, but some deeper ones stayed due to them being kind of deep. Anyway, when using m105 it tended to dust a lot. It also seems like as soon as I start buffing their isn't that visible product like when working with m105. It almost seems like it dries up right away and I'm buffing it with just a pad. Any help would be appreciated guys. Sorry if it's kind of hard to understand, tried my best to explain it.
Try using a slightly damp pad..not wet.

WickedLou9
10-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Are you working in the sun and/or is the paint surface hot? That will be a problem if you are. The surface needs to be cool otherwise you will get what you describe. The compound dries up. You should try and keep the compound moist while you are working with it. Sometimes a quick spray with a little quick detailer will help out greatly. it can help to prime the pad a bit as well.

About the scratch... If it's deep enough that you can easily feel it with your thumbnail, you probably won't be able to polish it out.

Flash Gordon
10-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Hello AG! I just got finished polishing the driver side of my step dad's 2007 gmc. I used the GG 6" RO with LC orange on m105. The results I got were pretty great. A lot of swirls were removed, but some deeper ones stayed due to them being kind of deep. Anyway, when using m105 it tended to dust a lot. It also seems like as soon as I start buffing their isn't that visible product like when working with m205. It almost seems like it dries up right away and I'm buffing it with just a pad. Any help would be appreciated guys. Sorry if it's kind of hard to understand, tried my best to explain it.

I assume you meant 205?

With 105 you need to saturate the entire pad. Even then the product will start to flash pretty quickly. When it does spritz the panel with water and itt will reactivate the product. Work in 18" sections and apply firm pressure

btw I find your user name very disturbing fwiw

Baconz2012
10-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the reply fellas. I guess I'll just have to go with saturating the compound to work it more. I prime the whole face of the pad until it's nice and evenly coated, then put 3 small dots of product after that. I've learned that doing anything in terms of cleaning, polishing, or waxing is a lot easier done in a garage, so always a cool surface for me guys. I'll put all your advice at work tomorrow when I do the rest of the truck. Thanks guys.

P.S. Sorry about the username, it's my reddit username and is a lot easier to remember. Maybe I'll create a new account

Wheelzntoys
10-02-2012, 05:41 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/54654-baby-oil-meg-s-105-a.html

I also heard.....mineral oil works good.

WEST SIDE
10-03-2012, 01:13 AM
I assume you meant 205?

With 105 you need to saturate the entire pad. Even then the product will start to flash pretty quickly. When it does spritz the panel with water and itt will reactivate the product. Work in 18" sections and apply firm pressure

btw I find your user name very disturbing fwiw

Not to hijack but after watching junkmans video with M105 and just a few drops to the pad I'm rethinking the saturate part.

I too find the op username disturbing

Ken

Flash Gordon
10-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Not to hijack but after watching junkmans video with M105 and just a few drops to the pad I'm rethinking the saturate part.

I too find the op username disturbing

Ken

I've gone back and forth, only using a bead around the outside edge at times and at others times saturating the pad (KBM) I don't suppose either is the right or wrong way as long as you get the results you're looking for. 105 can be very frustrating when you first start using it because it dries so fast, but if you keep practicing it will be the only compound you need http://adamsforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bf-sunglasswinksmiley.gif

Oh and I agree http://adamsforums.com/forums/images/smilies/loser.gif

dertoLearN.
10-03-2012, 07:36 AM
The other day some one posted that he used baby oil on a pad just a drop than apply m105 he said that the dust are gone! And add more play time, i allready try an it's work great!;) and ur pad smell nice also heheehe...

Danube
10-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Baby oil all the way!!

Flash Gordon
10-03-2012, 08:18 AM
The other day some one posted that he used baby oil on a pad just a drop than apply m105 he said that the dust are gone! And add more play time, i allready try an it's work great!;) and ur pad smell nice also heheehe...

I'm afraid baby oil would mess with my cut! I figure if baby oil is needed, Meguiars would ad it http://adamsforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bf-sunglasswinksmiley.gif

dertoLearN.
10-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Well u can search the post flash, i just share it what my experience using m105+baby oil, if u don't wanna try up to u.

Baconz2012
10-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Just ended up doing the other half of the truck and primed the whole face of the pad, and then added 3 drops each section after that. I also focused on keeping my work area small and keeping pressure consistent. There was dusting but hardly any. Seems like my technique was in the wrong. Thanks for suggestions fellas.

Flash Gordon
10-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Just ended up doing the other half of the truck and primed the whole face of the pad, and then added 3 drops each section after that. I also focused on keeping my work area small and keeping pressure consistent. There was dusting but hardly any. Seems like my technique was in the wrong. Thanks for suggestions fellas.

Glad it worked out for you. 105 can be tricky to master.
I like your new name http://adamsforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bf-sunglasswinksmiley.gif

Divine Details
10-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Try mixing 3 parts 105 to 1 part meguiars microfiber cut compound (D300 I think). You still get most of the cut of 105 and the low dusting and workability of d300.

Chad@Divine Details