PDA

View Full Version : Frequency of Washing Question

ARizzle
10-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Hey Mike and everyone, hope all is well!

2 Really quick questions.

1) Lets pretend I do a multi-step correction using my FLEX, and seal it with WGDGPS, if I wash my car next week following this process (pre-foam, 2 bucket method, dry, clay, and spray wax), will the claying portion remove the paint sealant?

2) In regards to the first question, if you do , Mr. Phillips, wash your car every week, what process do you follow, and is claying included?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon Mike and everyone else!

Thanks and enjoy the week!
:cheers:

mwoolfso
10-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Any work that abrades the surface, ever so slightly such as drying the car with mf towels, or claying the car (which is very purposeful), wax and sealant will be removed. How much depends on how aggressive you are and the state of these protection layers.

AutowerxDetailing
10-02-2012, 03:12 PM
There is no need to clay your car with every wash.

dad07
10-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Hey Mike and everyone, hope all is well!

2 Really quick questions.

1) Lets pretend I do a multi-step correction using my FLEX, and seal it with WGDGPS, if I wash my car next week following this process (pre-foam, 2 bucket method, dry, clay, and spray wax), will the claying portion remove the paint sealant?

Yes the claying can remove the sealant.

2) In regards to the first question, if you do , Mr. Phillips, wash your car every week, what process do you follow, and is claying included?

At this point your car is top notch........so you wouldn't need the clay every week.
Only time I clay is if the vehical is getting some kind of polishing.......the durability of your lsp can also dictate the need to clay. Do the baggie test and you be the judge.
dose this make sense?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon Mike and everyone else!

Thanks and enjoy the week!
:cheers:

I'm not Mike but I hope I answered your questions.

RMM
10-02-2012, 06:18 PM

1) You only need to clay once or twice a year (well, it depends on where you live - for instance, heavy industrial fallout can urge you to make it more frequently). The pre-foam is only needed if your car is really dirty (you can use it every week, but it tends to strip your paint protection faster). You can refresh your LSP weekly or biweekly but a spray wax is probably a little bit over the top (nothing I haven't done before, but...).

Remember that clay has the potential to marr your paint so you want to do it only if needed (the drying part also has a potential to marr - so, use a QD to lubricate the paint while doing it or buy something like a Master Blaster). And preferably only before some polishing.

One thing you can do more often than clay to remove contamination is IronX or TRIX: no paint defects will be originated by this process...

2) This one is not for me...

ARizzle
10-02-2012, 08:08 PM
1) You only need to clay once or twice a year (well, it depends on where you live - for instance, heavy industrial fallout can urge you to make it more frequently). The pre-foam is only needed if your car is really dirty (you can use it every week, but it tends to strip your paint protection faster). You can refresh your LSP weekly or biweekly but a spray wax is probably a little bit over the top (nothing I haven't done before, but...).

Remember that clay has the potential to marr your paint so you want to do it only if needed (the drying part also has a potential to marr - so, use a QD to lubricate the paint while doing it or buy something like a Master Blaster). And preferably only before some polishing.

One thing you can do more often than clay to remove contamination is IronX or TRIX: no paint defects will be originated by this process...

2) This one is not for me...

Thanks my friend from the Mainland lol
Do you mind telling me what LSP stands for? I'm trying to guess but am going no where :laughing:

Eandras
10-02-2012, 08:20 PM
LSP= Last Step Product

dad07
10-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Thanks my friend from the Mainland lol
Do you mind telling me what LSP stands for? I'm trying to guess but am going no where :laughing:

LSP-Last Step Product.

ARizzle
10-02-2012, 11:47 PM
LSP= Last Step Product

LSP-Last Step Product.

Thanks Gentlemen!