PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Rinseless Diluted vs BF Waterless

iminaquagmire
10-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Winter is coming and living in Chicagoland I'm looking for a good rinseless product. I think I'll be ordering the BF rinseless solution for that. I know it can be diluted to QD spray but was wondering if it would be better to do that or use the BF Waterless Wash instead? I know its all about its intended use so I'll give a little background.

2007 Chevy Silverado in Onyx Black (No metallic or anything-just black) with Collinite 845 wax for winter. I don't drive a lot but as you may know, with the amount of road grime and salt, it doesn't take going very far to really get your vehicle dirty. Obviously the Rinseless is for the dirtier washes but I'm looking for something to touch the truck up in between. For the settled dust and light sprays off the tires for example. Not really looking for ultimate protection so much but keeping the finish topped off in between waxings is always desirable.

So again, just wondering which is better for touchups, the rinseless diluted to quick detailer or the waterless wash. Or even something else. I wouldn't be opposed to Ultima's WW+ or something else if people feel its better suited.

Thanks in advance. I've learned so much here already in my lurking.

07gtcs
10-02-2012, 02:36 PM
I have used it this way and like it better than ONR diluted for WW and better than the Poor Boys WW. Rinseless would still be the best, especially if you can get in a heated or somewhat heated garage.

Old Tiger
10-02-2012, 07:23 PM
IMO ONR new version and UWW+ are best in their respective classes. I would not use a Rinseless at QD when Ultima is fa garden sprayer and apply very liberally. The BF products are great but ONR and UWW+ set their respective standards. BTW UWW+ makes a great rinseless.tastic and costs ~ $3.50 a gallon. I use a 2 gal

jjj
10-02-2012, 07:37 PM
I went on vacation a took rinse less diluted for qd, it did great. Went fourth and had light dusting and rains and it did wonderful. Didn't take a lot and shocking was slick!

iminaquagmire
10-02-2012, 09:09 PM
I ordered both the Blackfire rinseless and the waterless. So I'll just have to try it out I guess. I wanted to stay away from the ONR because I've read about it reacting with the Colinite 845 and clouding. I've been happy with all of the Blackfire products I've tried so hopefully this is the same. Thanks for the replies.