PDA

View Full Version : Layering Questions...

BTLew81
10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
I may get shot for this....but I have a friend who wants me to use NuFinish on his car. Before you flip, I used it last year and have to say it was not nearly as bad some might think. Good durability, decent looks. I am thinking of putting some 845 over it this year. In theory this should work, but what are your thoughts? 12 hours to cure and then top?

Thanks!

AutowerxDetailing
10-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Layering 2 totally different products like that may not yield the results you are looking for. Multiple coats of products have a point of diminishing returns where at some point during application of the subsequent coat of (insert LSP here) you are diminishing the thickness of the layers underneath. Who knows, perhaps by applying the 845 you will be removing the NuFinish in the process. I have never used NuFinish so I have no idea how it acts during application etc.

Whatever you do I recommend a test spot to make sure the products are compatible with each other and give you the look you want.

Rsurfer
10-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Why not wait 30 days and apply a second coat of NuFinsih..said to last one year.

FUNX650
10-02-2012, 01:18 AM
-Without the use of costly measuring device(s), I personally would not be able
to detect if applying a layer/film of wax (Colly 845 in this example) atop a:
cured, 7-8 millionths of an inch thick-layer/film of NuFinish...would have
an effect of adding any appreciable amount to the total-LSP-thickness, or not.

-I do agree that NuFinish really isn't that a bad of a product...
...(Isn't it kinda like a cleaner-sealant?)...
...and it's supposed to have been reformulated
to be VOC compliant not too long ago.

NuFinish: "A window to the Past" ~ Reed-Union

:)

Bob