PDA

View Full Version : Megan Your Red Sox Stink

bulldog shine
10-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Hey,Megan, I an't believe your Red Sox are giving up before the season is over to hand the Yankees the division.

cleanmycorolla
10-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Hey hey hey hey! I am a Red Sox fan too, no fair! We're not giving up, we're just starting vacation early! ;)

SeaJay's
10-02-2012, 04:06 AM
I have to agree the Red Sox are awful this year....I'm a die hard Red Sox fan and this year was an absolute disaster. And I can honestly say I stopped watching them about a month ago. I just couldn't bring myself to watch them fall apart anymore.

Hoping that next year is a better year.

DaHen
10-02-2012, 05:01 AM
Was gonna throw all my Red Sox t-shirts away. But didn't.

Wait till next year............:xyxthumbs:

FUNX650
10-02-2012, 08:18 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/WN-RedSocks.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/50375)

cleanmycorolla
10-02-2012, 10:58 AM
I have to agree the Red Sox are awful this year....I'm a die hard Red Sox fan and this year was an absolute disaster. And I can honestly say I stopped watching them about a month ago. I just couldn't bring myself to watch them fall apart anymore.

Hoping that next year is a better year.

+1.,....once the big trade went down i just gave up! i watched, but wasn't into them. Thank god for football season, at least my Patriots got backl to 2-2 this week!:xyxthumbs:

Meghan
10-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Can't be a fair weather fan, we all have our ups and downs. We are really down right now! :)

bulldog shine
10-02-2012, 11:52 AM
I was hoping for a little help from the Red Sox but they gave up especially by the line-up they ran out last night.http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq309/lormat/baseballcardoutlet_2217_205781360.jpg

NYYYCEandEEEEZY
10-03-2012, 04:13 PM
As I recall, last year, before the September "meltdown", the Red Sox were very much in contention and, during his 8 year tenure, Terry Francona guided them to 90 or more victories during 6 of his 8 seasons there. In addition, he brought them a division title in 2007(?), and 2 World Series victories, ending an 86(?) year drought.

Despite his success, Mr. Francona had expressed his wish to depart the organization prior to this time last year and, sadly (to me), following that disastrous conclusion to last year's season, Mr. Francona and the Sox did part company.

When the Sox owners decided to replace him with Bobby Valentine, maybe it should have been clear why Mr. Francona had been asking about not having his option picked up. Bobby Valentine? Are you kidding me??

I'm not exactly sure how far into this year's season it was before some, perhaps many, of the Sox team members decided to express their concerns to management. I'm also not quite sure how long it took to dismantle a team that had great potential, but just wasn't performing. However, that's exactly what happened. Maybe it was managements attempt to support their manager. Maybe it was just a house-cleaning to rid themselves of some disgruntled or underachieving players. Maybe it's a simple fact that Bobby Valentine is just not that good!

Don't misunderstand, if it's true that Megan is a Red Sox fan, I'm certainly NOT! I'm a life-long Yankee fan, But I have great respect for the team that has been such a tremendous rival of the Yankees for so many years. I don't know what happened to their club this year, but considering all that has happened, to say they "stink" seems a little harsh?? Just the opinion of a Yankee fan!

bulldog shine
10-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Talk about somebody that has sour grapes. I just read on FoxSports that Bobby V said.

"It was a very disappointing season -- extremely disappointing," said Valentine. "It was going to end some time. I'm glad Baltimore lost before our game was over, if that's any consolation, and I don't think it is."

Twister
10-05-2012, 06:45 AM
BobbyV was the worst person for that job. He's always been abrasive and the way he does things is different. I think it can work like it did with the Mets but you can't take a team like the Sox with their player issues and expect his style to work.

TimmyG
10-05-2012, 09:05 AM
If I'm Ben Cherington, I'm at Froncona's door step right now with an epic apology and begging him to return. Valentine was a horrible fit for that team in the first place.

cleanmycorolla
10-05-2012, 10:37 AM
If I'm Ben Cherington, I'm at Froncona's door step right now with an epic apology and begging him to return. Valentine was a horrible fit for that team in the first place.
Francona is going to go to Cleveland, he wants to coach there!

He should be reaching at to Tony Larussa, Joe Torre, if those guys say no, go after Larry Bowa, John Farell(our old pitching coach), or if the Angels fire Mike Scioscia grab him.

Honestly, I dont even care about our coach, we need a thumper in the lineup. A 30+ HR guys besides Papi. We have tons of young hitters, and speed, we need somone to drive them all in. I dont want Josh Hamilton, if I were Cherrington, I'd take a look at Justin Upton, see if Arizona wants to trade him, maybe see if Brain Mcann turns down Atlantas arbitration offer, if he hits the market, get him to catch. Send Salty anywhere! And lastly I'd get Adam Laroche. IMO guys is the most overlooked 1st baseman in baseball, he hits about 30HR a year, 100rbi and has been the anchor of the Nationals lineup! He's sneaky good!

Pitching, thats another story. We're always in for Felix Hernandez it seems, but unless Seattle gets the world, why would they give him up? So some notable free agents I'd liekt o see pitching wise added would be, Anibal Sanchez(he was ours to begin with), James Shield declines his offer and buys out, maybe grab him, maybe Jake Peavy or Kyle Loshe

sorry for the rant, hahaha just I love the sox, but they're just as frustrating sometimes:dblthumb2:

Twister
10-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I think Francona should wait and see what else is out there before going to Cleveland. I think he might have some great options if he waits.

With the salary space they gained in the trade to the Dodgers they should look to bring in some pitching depth. Look at the A's. They have great young pitching and a average or less than average offense. The Rangers have offense but their pitching has been hammered by injuries. I think good pitching gets you championships.