PDA

View Full Version : Noob wondering if these are good supplies to start with

bgill76
10-01-2012, 04:54 PM
I am not going to be polishing until I get some more money. I have a alpine white 08 328xi. So far Im just wanting to wash and I guess protect it. So i have looked at these supplies:

Exterior:
Dodo Juice Born Slippy Clay Lube Concentrate
Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss

Interior:
303 High Tech Fabric Guard
303 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner
303 Cleaner & Spot Remover (whats the different between the fabric and vinyl cleaner and then the cleaner and spot remover?)
303 Aerospace Protectant

Wheels and Tires:
SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect
P21S Total Auto Wash (tires, engine, bugs)
Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant

Then I also will have a sheepskin mitt, grit guard, and MF towels

Vegas Transplant
10-01-2012, 05:07 PM
hmmm, no ONR?

What about tire dressings?

bgill76
10-01-2012, 05:14 PM
hmmm, no ONR?

What about tire dressings?

I was leery about ONR. Does it REALLY compare to a true soap you rinse off?

And idk what exactly are tire dressings? Ive been wondering this

Vegas Transplant
10-01-2012, 05:20 PM

I will admit to occassional improper wash methods like one bucket, etc. while doing a rinseless on my personal rides, but ONR has multiple uses.

I prefer traditional wash with OCWC.

bgill76
10-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I will admit to occassional improper wash methods like one bucket, etc. while doing a rinseless on my personal rides, but ONR has multiple uses.

I prefer traditional wash with OCWC.

Ok. I was going to do the 2 bucket method with grit guard. What about the tire dressing? And are the other products that I listed good?

ShineMyCar
10-01-2012, 06:12 PM

As a Fellow Newbie: I got some ONR b/c it's pretty inexpensive and a little goes a long way. I've only used it diluted as a quick detailer diluted right now, and it does a great job of cleaning the dirt off your car. I haven't used it as a Rinseless wash yet, but based on experience with QD, I think it'll do a good job.

Tire Dressing : Think Armor All. It's the stuff you put on tires to protect them from getting dry and brown. The product you choose will be some combination of Durability ( how long will shine last in various weather conditions ), Gloss, Water base vs oil Based, Wet or dry after application, Application method, price per application.

I'm working through a few products right now til I find my favorite and most economical product for my needs.

BobbyG
10-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Keeping it simple is important and a simple wash and wax goes a long, long way in keeping your finish looking great! :dblthumb2:

You've jotted down some great products with proven performance. Does the Dodo Juice Clay Lube include detailing clay or do you already have some?

Claying is an important step in removing embedded particles, stains, sap, bee crap, sealant's, and waxes to name a few. I usually do this every 6 months or so but depending on the time my truck spends outdoors usually determines the need.

You choice for interior products is good!

For wheels and tires everything looks good but I personally like Collinite 845 better for protecting nearly every surface of a car including the wheels. The first time I protected my wheels with Collinite 845 I not only noticed a reduction in brake dust but they washed easily using the same soap and water I used to wash the car...:props:

bgill76
10-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Keeping it simple is important and a simple wash and wax goes a long, long way in keeping your finish looking great! :dblthumb2:

You've jotted down some great products with proven performance. Does the Dodo Juice Clay Lube include detailing clay or do you already have some?

Claying is an important step in removing embedded particles, stains, sap, bee crap, sealant's, and waxes to name a few. I usually do this every 6 months or so but depending on the time my truck spends outdoors usually determines the need.

You choice for interior products is good!

For wheels and tires everything looks good but I personally like Collinite 845 better for protecting nearly every surface of a car including the wheels. The first time I protected my wheels with Collinite 845 I not only noticed a reduction in brake dust but they washed easily using the same soap and water I used to wash the car...:props:

Yes IM getting the clay too :xyxthumbs:

ShineMyCar
10-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes IM getting the clay too :xyxthumbs:

Whatever you do. Don't drop the clay. Clay ain't cheap and if ya drop it, you have to grab a new one so you don't scratch up your paint.

bgill76
10-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Ok how about this list?

Exterior:

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine Two Bucket Wash System
BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection
P21S Total Auto Wash
Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay
Detailing Clay Storage Case
Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying Towel, 16 x 24 inches (do i even need this for ONR?)
CCS Red Wax/Sealant Applicator Pads 2 Pack
36 Ounce Detail Bottle (using ONR as clay lube)

Interior:

303 Aerospace Protectant
303 High Tech Fabric Guard & Cleaner Combo

Wheels and Tires:

P21S for tire cleaner
Sonax – Daytona Jr. Wheel Combo
Collinite Metal Wax # 850
Poorboy's World Bold N Bright Tire Dressing
Tire Dressing Pad

Windows:

Aquapel Glass Treatment & Rain Repellent
Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner

Slick773
10-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Ok how about this list?

Exterior:

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine Two Bucket Wash System
BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection
P21S Total Auto Wash
Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay
Detailing Clay Storage Case
Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying Towel, 16 x 24 inches (do i even need this for ONR?)
CCS Red Wax/Sealant Applicator Pads 2 Pack
36 Ounce Detail Bottle (using ONR as clay lube)

Interior:

303 Aerospace Protectant
303 High Tech Fabric Guard & Cleaner Combo

Wheels and Tires:

P21S for tire cleaner
Sonax – Daytona Jr. Wheel Combo
Collinite Metal Wax # 850
Poorboy's World Bold N Bright Tire Dressing
Tire Dressing Pad

Windows:

Aquapel Glass Treatment & Rain Repellent
Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner

I I like anything from Chemical guys. All there stuff is grade A stuff. That's all I use...

bgill76
10-03-2012, 11:04 AM
I I like anything from Chemical guys. All there stuff is grade A stuff. That's all I use...

So what are you saying?

I added the Chemical guys soap (clean and shine or something)