PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Kwazar sprayer

Pages : [1] 2

dpk20x
10-01-2012, 09:33 AM
So just happened to knock over my Kwazar mercury pro the other day. Fortunately little UWW+ was wasted, but the sprayer itself came separated from the bottle.

I was able to snap the straw back into place on the sprayer and put it all back together but it doesn't spray anymore.

Has anyone had this happen before and have any tricks to help me fix this? I've searched here and on a few other sites and couldn't come up with much info.

octane
10-01-2012, 10:38 AM
yeah, it's happenned to me... you probably lost the little bb that is between the spayer head and the threaded cap, keeps the presure/liquid from going back down into the straw... I just used one from a bearing I had taken appart, but one from a BB gun might fit as well.. Will try to grab pics when I get home

bkaup5
10-01-2012, 11:09 AM
I knocked mine off a second step from a ladder and the sprayer cracked.. Bottle is fine though.. Le sigh

Sent from my PG86100 using AG Online

dpk20x
10-01-2012, 12:17 PM
yeah, it's happenned to me... you probably lost the little bb that is between the spayer head and the threaded cap, keeps the presure/liquid from going back down into the straw... I just used one from a bearing I had taken appart, but one from a BB gun might fit as well.. Will try to grab pics when I get home

Don't worry about taking any pics. I'm sure that's what the problem is! I was hoping it would be an easy fix! Thank you very much

dpk20x
10-01-2012, 12:23 PM
I knocked mine off a second step from a ladder and the sprayer cracked.. Bottle is fine though.. Le sigh

Sent from my PG86100 using AG Online

Bummer .. I never thought I would get upset over a broken spray bottle but I'm sure you know these aren't your average spray bottles

octane
10-01-2012, 02:47 PM
took a picture anyways, could always help somebody else,

you see in the middle hidden a bit by some bubbles, there's a little bb in there, as long as it doesn't fill the hole completly it should work, I took a bb from a front bicycle bearing I fixed a while back (you can just go in and buy one from a bike shop), you can try a bb gun pellet but those are a bit bigger.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
01-02-2013, 07:19 PM
I wanted to get in here and thank octane for taking the picture and posting it. The same thing just happened to me, my friend was in the garage with me doing a waterless wash on his S2K and all of a sudden the sprayer broke off at the head. Little did we know that there was a bb inside of it. After an hour or so trying to get it to work (without the bb) I gave up and searched to see if anyone had the same issue. Turns out it has happened and I have found the bb laying on the garage floor and now I have fixed my Kwazar thanks to Octane and others for the post.

Much appreciated

-Mike

Johny B
01-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Thank you Octane if I have known this before I would not have thrown away one sprayer.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
01-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Thank you Octane if I have known this before I would not have thrown away one sprayer.

I was ready to throw mine out as well but I figured I would check here first. Glad I did.

addysdaddy
01-02-2013, 10:42 PM
I have a sprayer that's not working too - I'll ck it tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

manichol
01-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Sadly one of my Kwazar spray bottles bit the dust. The BB was still there. I decided to dissect it since it was unusable. I discovered that the washer had crapped out. You can see a picture of the washer in the picture. It had basically broken down due to not cleaning (diluted Meguire's APC was in the bottle) it as I didn't know that you had to.

I've had cheap bottles that have lasted years with harsher stuff in it. Now if they would just sell the $1 washer I would have a working bottle... I will not be buying another one. Cheap ones from here on out!

phantomblk42
01-17-2015, 05:00 PM
This thread just saved me from tossing my practically new Kwazar sprayer. A couple of months ago I dropped it from about a 4 foot height. After assembling it back together, it would not spray. Finally did a search not expecting to find anything and voila, the solution was right here.

I found an old bottle of glass cleaner from the dollar store, ripped it apart and transplanted the plastic BB into my Kwazar - easy & free. It now works perfectly. Special thanks to octane for the problem and solution. I almost feel embarrassed not knowing how simple the spray bottle assembly was prior to this post.

Because I will only being using this bottle for distilled water, I am not concerned about the chemical resistance of the plastic BB.

octane
01-17-2015, 06:07 PM
lol, good stuff, happy I saved a couple of bottles...

dpk20x
01-17-2015, 06:22 PM
You da man Octane! :cheers:

wrx495
04-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Hey guys ! Sorry to bump an old thread! So I just ordered the 33 oz bottle with the 20% off and flat rate shipping. A little curious , does this happen to all the bottles regardless of size? Or does it happen to 33 more because of the weight and stress vs the 17 ?