PDA

View Full Version : can opti-coat be applied here..

op1001
09-30-2012, 10:32 PM
I was just curious if opti-coat can be applied in the area that i have pointed in the picture below?

Its like a harder rubber type material around the window

c5z06camaro
09-30-2012, 10:39 PM
It says
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 can be applied to:

painted surfaces
headlights
wheels
plastic trim
bumpers
aluminum & chrome surfaces

SeaJay's
10-01-2012, 05:49 AM
I applied opti-coat to the rubber seals around my windows on my HHR and it didn't last. It's designed for hard surfaces, not so much rubber.

I'd suggest something like CarPro Dlux if your looking for long term durability.

Chris Thomas
10-01-2012, 09:15 AM
It can be applied to any "clean" surface. Those items take more cleaning because they are usually neglected and rarely protected. If prepped properly it will work well there.

Soft rubber is porous and would take multiple applications with the current Opti Coat because it is very thin. Durability on any surface relates to prep and appropriate amount applied to specific surface.

Lowejackson
10-02-2012, 10:12 AM
...multiple applications with the current Opti Coat..

Current Opti-Coat? Is there a planned change?

Crispy2001
10-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Opti-Coat worked on my Grand Prix but the parts were very hard black plastic so natural habitat for the Opti-Coat (just make sure they are a shiny as you want them without any sealants on the surface)

If the piece you are pointing to is more of a rubber (rather than plastic) then Forever Black Bumper and Trim Cleaner and Reconditioner will return it to deep dark colour. After it is completely dry I applied the Opti-Coat 2.0 and finished off with Permanon Brilliant Shine to "seal" in the surface and add softness to the surface.

If it's more like a course plastic bumper cover then Black Wow is an excellent product to return it to a like new condtion (you can't Permanon or Opti-Coat over Black Wow as it won't bond to the plastic ).

Chris Thomas
10-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Current Opti-Coat? Is there a planned change?

Nope. But there will be a 3 new professional coatings soon.

swanicyouth
10-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Nope. But there will be a 3 new professional coatings soon.

Professional, like they will only be available to Pro Detailers (like Optiguard)? Or, will anyone be able to buy them over the net?