PDA

View Full Version : Sovereign spray wax as a detailer?

TOFAST4U2C
09-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Can you use Sovereign spray wax as a detailer on a clean car? I recently had received a sample of the Sovereign spray wax and was trying to figure a good time to try it. My white Camry has 2 coats of Collinite 845 that’s holding up well. I came outside to find some rain drops and basic airborne dust on the paint. A soft towel in one direction cleaned it all up as usual. So I gave the car a light dose of the Sovereign, wiping it off with a plush micro fiber as I went like a regular detailer spray. Seemed to work fine and looked great afterwards. It did clean a few micro dots that I came across. Was I hurting the Collinite? Or boosting it?
Jack
Feed back please

Rsurfer
09-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Souveran Spray Wax should be used on clean paint only.

ShaunD
09-30-2012, 09:10 PM
As long as there is nothing more than light dust/lint and/or water on the car it can be used in the way you described with out causes any immediate swirls. It will boost the wax already applied as that is what it is intended to do, but it won't protect from scratches like a quick detailer or waterless wash will.

Rsurfer
09-30-2012, 09:16 PM
As long as there is nothing more than light dust/lint and/or water on the car it can be used in the way you described with out causes any immediate swirls. It will boost the wax already applied as that is what it is intended to do, but it won't protect from scratches like a quick detailer or waterless wash will.

Why would you use a spray wax over light dust? Are you trying to seal the dust into your paint. That's why they make QD's.

TOFAST4U2C
09-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the help. Just to be clear, the damp towel takes all the dust off so its clean paint. Its a daily driver that gets a wipe down every day before it hits the road. Swirls are not an issue with the white for me at this level but if it was really dirty with road grime its washed first. I would never wax or rub any surface grit into the paint. I dont even use a detail spray without a damp wipe down first.

Rsurfer
09-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the help. Just to be clear, the damp towel takes all the dust off so its clean paint. Its a daily driver that gets a wipe down every day before it hits the road. Swirls are not an issue with the white for me at this level but if it was really dirty with road grime its washed first. I would never wax or rub any surface grit into the paint. I dont even use a detail spray without a damp wipe down first.
I also do a wipe down every morning. Try using Ultima Waterless Wash. I was an ONR fan and a FK425 wipe down after. Now it's a one stepper for me.

stangfreak
09-30-2012, 09:52 PM
I just ordered it myself right now. I would use the spray wax after every wash or to maintain the wax you put on. Then use the quick detailer inbetween washes to keep the car fresh.

Rsurfer
09-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Then use the quick detailer inbetween washes to keep the car fresh.
That's where UWW comes to play. It's safer then using a QD inbetween washes and a hell of a lot cheaper.

stangfreak
09-30-2012, 10:01 PM
That's where UWW comes to play. It's safer then using a QD inbetween washes and a hell of a lot cheaper.

I was going to specify that, I use a quick detailer like griots speed shine that has a bit more lubricity on m weekend car. It's always garage kept and I use it everytime I go for a cruise and store it back in the garage. But on my daily driver I would be a bit scared to use it.

whats uww? sorry lol

Rsurfer
09-30-2012, 10:16 PM
I was going to specify that, I use a quick detailer like griots speed shine that has a bit more lubricity on m weekend car. It's always garage kept and I use it everytime I go for a cruise and store it back in the garage. But on my daily driver I would be a bit scared to use it.

whats uww? sorry lol

Ultima Waterless Wash. The best spray wax on the market is Optimum Car Wax. Try both, you won't regret it.

stangfreak
09-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Ultima Waterless Wash. The best spray wax on the market is Optimum Car Wax. Try both, you won't regret it.

hmm I will place another order and get those two. The optimum car wax, is that applied on dry surface or wet? I know some spray on wax's they are sprayed on a wet surface when going to dry your car.

Rsurfer
09-30-2012, 10:30 PM
hmm I will place another order and get those two. The optimum car wax, is that applied on dry surface or wet? I know some spray on wax's they are sprayed on a wet surface when going to dry your car.

I would use OCW dry. If you want a drying aid use Prima Hydro Wax or Duragloss Aqua Wax.

stangfreak
09-30-2012, 10:38 PM
ok cool. No I prefer dry surface. I was never a fan of using a spray wax on wet surface. Glad its used on dry surface. Thank's for the help man, I appreciate the help.