PDA

View Full Version : Pad question

Mo2566
09-29-2012, 10:26 AM
I typically do my LSP with my PC. But sometimes, I'll do a hand wax so I bought a polishing pal. I have been using it with the blue Lake Country 4" pads. These pads seem to soak up a tremendous amount of product and waste it. I try to put as thin of a layer as possible, but it seems the pads soak up the product faster than I can thinly spread it on the paint. So esentially I am using too much product against my will.

Does anyone have any tips & tricks for better technique to use these pads properly without the waste? Or, what other 4" pads do you recoemnd for a LSP that doesn't soak up so much product?

Thanks

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Do reduce the absorbing affect of the pads use a paste wax instead of the liquid waxes.

Or if you want to use the liquid waxes use the hydrotech pads. They dont absorb nearly the amount of liquid as other pads.

stibuki
09-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Plus one for the hydrotech pads. You will be surprised on how much product you save with them.

tuscarora dave
09-29-2012, 12:30 PM
I use the Cyclo white pad for hand or machine application of waxes or sealants when I'm not using UPGP or Opti-Guard.

The white Cyclo pads are the softest pad I have ever used. They do soak up the product but they release it back onto the paint with ease. I can work with a product soaked pad and work it until it is essentially free of product. These pads also work tremendously well for jeweling paint. They're kind of like a 4" version of the Edge 2000 white foam finishing pad which IME are also the softest foam available.

Mo2566
09-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks all. I have heard good things about the hydro tech, so I may give them a shot. I tried the blue pad with cg xxx hard core paste wax and had the same unfortunate result. I am currently priming the pad with a spray or 2 of qd before putting product on, is this what I am supposed to do?

PPLd
09-29-2012, 07:53 PM
I use the Cyclo white pad for hand or machine application of waxes or sealants when I'm not using UPGP or Opti-Guard.

The white Cyclo pads are the softest pad I have ever used. They do soak up the product but they release it back onto the paint with ease. I can work with a product soaked pad and work it until it is essentially free of product. These pads also work tremendously well for jeweling paint. They're kind of like a 4" version of the Edge 2000 white foam finishing pad which IME are also the softest foam available.

I agree.
The white cyclo finishing foam pad is one of the smoothest pads I have ever seen.
BTW if your pad is absorbing too much, have you tried to prime it with a quick detailer something?