PDA

View Full Version : SEMA Predictions

Pages : [1] 2

A-train
09-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Anyone have any predictions or insider info on any products being debuted at this years show???

Setec Astronomy
09-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Chris@Optimum let slip that they are working on some sort of "plastic product" that would be useful on headlights (and presumably other plastics, because he didn't call it a "headlight" product). He wasn't sure if it would be ready by SEMA. There was also some mention of a prep product for Opti-Coat, and they have been talking about an interior product as a companion product to Opti-Coat for as long as Opti-Coat (Guard) has been around. There was also some talk of a carpet cleaner.

I'm sure Meguiar's will start their SEMA tease shortly, they will certainly have a handful of new or updated products.

A-train
09-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Look forward to seeing those things come to market. The only one you mentioned I had heard of was the interior product.

RMM
09-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Chris@Optimum let slip that they are working on some sort of "plastic product" that would be useful on headlights (and presumably other plastics, because he didn't call it a "headlight" product). He wasn't sure if it would be ready by SEMA. There was also some mention of a prep product for Opti-Coat, and they have been talking about an interior product as a companion product to Opti-Coat for as long as Opti-Coat (Guard) has been around. There was also some talk of a carpet cleaner.

I'm sure Meguiar's will start their SEMA tease shortly, they will certainly have a handful of new or updated products.

There will be another Optimum product for glass (a specific coating). I think the one for the headlights will be specific for that (polycarbonate) and will be called Lens. The prep product will be a competitor for Eraser.

richy has already talked (and applied...) a little bit about some of these novelties.

mwoolfso
09-29-2012, 03:43 PM
I think there is going to be a revised Pinnacle Wax. There has just been way too many sales on Liquid Souveran lately; at least 4 that I recall.

oldmodman
09-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Liquid Fuzion. But I don't see how they can improve the current Fuzion.

Johny B
09-30-2012, 01:21 AM
I think there is going to be a revised Pinnacle Wax. There has just been way too many sales on Liquid Souveran lately; at least 4 that I recall.

Well said. I think so too.

pixelmonkey
10-01-2012, 08:58 AM
excited to see what Optimum has to show or present...

i know of one display group that will have massive microfiber towels on display. *think bath towel*

unrelated to detailing, excited about about a few other products.
- will have some good showing of ingenuity with the kicker cars.
- wheel displays are always something to say hummmm at.
- advances in 3d printing over the last year has me excited.
- smaller scale mandrel tube benders

4 weeks to go!
chris<pixelmonkey>:D

pixelmonkey
10-05-2012, 10:05 AM
rumor mill is churning!

a group has a new design for a head and spark plug that throws out the old spark plug completely. I'm not sure how it's done, but from what i've heard there are more than one spark location in each cylinder.

Think of a cylinder head with multiple spark plugs. Each plug is going to take up quite a bit of space, and that space takes away from the intake and exhaust port. The new design requires something closer to the size of a pencil lead. This increases the port volume and provides a more efficient flow.

Not sure if anyone else here finds this exciting. Seems like this design will increase efficiency a noticeable percentage.

chris<pixelmonkey>:D

Setec Astronomy
10-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Not sure if anyone else here finds this exciting. Seems like this design will increase efficiency a noticeable percentage.

Yes, I find it exciting, but it seems to me the easier way to get efficiency out of vehicles today is to recover braking energy. With the new fuel economy regs, I think virtually every vehicle by about 5 years from now is going to have at least a mild-hybrid setup to recover that braking energy and use it to re-accelerate the vehicle. It's really the same concept floated after the '73 embargo but back then it was flywheels.

cleanmycorolla
10-05-2012, 10:21 AM
I think that the Pinnacle line will see some new products! Just like the 5-6 new products in the Wolfgang line....we'll see, should be exciting. BTW the Wolfgang sale now, sweet deals. Picked up the liquid seal on sale, and WGDGPS is $33

Bigbull2984
10-05-2012, 10:29 AM
I wonder if Blackfire or Pinnacle is releasing anything new?

rwright
10-05-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm with you guys on an updated Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. In fact, the only new stuff from Pinnacle was in the XMT line. Blackfire had new stuff, Wolfgang had new stuff, XMT had a couple, but nothing from Pinnacle. Hmm...

rwright
10-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Also, quite some time back Mike Phillips was discussing some new marine products he was testing for Max. Maybe we will see an introduction at SEMA?

A-train
10-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Just got some word on a possible clay alternative Optimum is working on. Sounds interesting!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk