PDA

View Full Version : Gtechniq Fire!

Pages : [1] 2

Lowejackson
09-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Sad news for the Gtech team https://twitter.com/GtechniqUK/status/251908317167898624/photo/1 There might be a slight hiccup in supply - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=281854)

FUNX650
09-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Sad news for the Gtech team https://twitter.com/GtechniqUK/status/251908317167898624/photo/1 There might be a slight hiccup in supply - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=281854)

Thanks for this info!! Also glad to hear no one was injured.

Not too long ago...
A car-care products company here in the States went up in flames.
The owner did not rebuild. Sold the products' formulas to a competitor.

Wonder if Rob's decision-making may be the same? Hope not.

:)

Bob

Setec Astronomy
09-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Not too long ago...
A car-care products company here in the States went up in flames.
The owner did not rebuild. Sold the products' formulas to a competitor.

Who was that?

Here's hoping there's a happy ending to this story.

FUNX650
09-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Who was that?

Perhaps another cup or two of coffee may clear the cobwebs,
but one of their most popular products was very similar to:

3M Perfect-It Foam Polishing Pad Glaze for Dark Paints.

Bob

Setec Astronomy
09-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Perhaps another cup or two of coffee may clear the cobwebs,
but one of their most popular products was very similar to:

Whose cobwebs, yours or mine? Are we talking about Clearkote?

FUNX650
09-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Whose cobwebs, yours or mine? Are we talking about Clearkote?

Mine.

Bob

ShaunD
09-29-2012, 10:46 AM
That is terrible news. Hopefully they had another production site in works. Wonder how many of their products will be on back order now?... Just hope they come through this better than ever and stay in biz.

ArkayoDeetayo
09-29-2012, 11:17 AM
glad no one was hurt...

hard to tell from the picture what is even burning

I entered this thread thinking it was a new product from Gtech, Gtech Fire! not that Gtech was on fire...

Lowejackson
09-29-2012, 11:38 AM
glad no one was hurt...

hard to tell from the picture what is even burning

I entered this thread thinking it was a new product from Gtech, Gtech Fire! not that Gtech was on fire...

Good point, no idea how to change the thread title. Did not mean to give the wrong impression

CEE DOG
09-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news Rob. Glad to hear your all ok!

Twister
09-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Wow that's really sad. Hopefully they will get things worked out so they can reopen. I'd hate to see a great company lost forever due to something like this

gtechrob
09-29-2012, 02:17 PM
hi guys - copy and pasted from DW - don't worry - no intention of binning Gtechniq - I love it too much!! and there is so much more to the Gtechniq story to come.

here's our official statement:

Last night a very large fire swept through our warehouse and has wiped out all our available stock. Unfortunately the fire started during the night, and despite a quick and valiant response from the fire brigade who brought it under control in less than two hours, the fire had spread throughout.

The good news is that nothing irreplaceable has been lost and we already have a temporary unit set up from which we can begin operating from immediately. As you can imagine, we are putting an action plan together over the weekend to get the business running again in the shortest possible time. Our plan is to begin with a limited range of our best sellers including EXO 180ml (we had 2,000 cans in the unit ready for launch next week…!!!), C1, C1.5, C4, C5, G1, G2, G4, G5, I1 and G-Wash and we hope to begin deliveries again in about 2 weeks.

The Gtechniq team will be flat to the boards implementing this and as a result our replies will not be very timely, particularly since Peter, Catherine and my computers have all been turned into a sticky mess on the floor (luckily our offsite backup was fully up-to-date).

We look forward to serving you in the very near future and as Nietzsche said “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”

With best regards,
Rob and the rest of the Gtechniq team

gtechrob
09-29-2012, 02:18 PM
and the main thing is that nobody was hurt and the fire didn't spread to neighbouring businesses.

RMM
09-29-2012, 02:54 PM
That's very sad: such a vibrant company!
Keep up the good spirit and see you very soon!

pixelmonkey
09-29-2012, 05:34 PM
when i read the title, i was thinking of a strange name for a new product.

then i read the link and my stomach had a knot develop.

THANK YOU for posting up with info on how Gtechniq will be back up and running! It's reassuring when you see a company coming online and posting information of slight delays and what products will be available with little to no delay.

happy customer!
chris<pixelmonkey>:D