PDA

View Full Version : Does QD spray build up like Wax... ?

ShineMyCar
09-28-2012, 04:12 PM
I finished prepping my car for weekend and put on some Optimum no rinse Wash & Shine diluted to Quick Detail spray. Wanted to get used to cleaning products I'll use going into the winter.

Left a nice pina colada smell on the car. Was surprised how little spray was needed to go over the car for QD application. The product seems like it'll last forever.

My question is, if I were to use this product as QD throughout the Winter to keep the car clean, does the QD spray build up like Waxes. Should one limit their use of QD spray because of this? The idea of keeping car with a freshly cleaned and shined finish more often is appealing. Want to know how much or little I can use this type of product I can use without creating a hazy wax buildup.

Also, how does this product affect the coats of protectant underneath.

Thanks

Setec Astronomy
09-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Um...car wax is not floor wax...you can't create "hazy wax buildup" on your car, no matter what LSP you use, although you can build up unbuffed LSP in crevices, emblems, etc. (BTW, the proper term is "floor finish" and it is designed to be built up in layers in order to fill in the pores of VC floor tile, and fill in the cracks between tiles to prevent water entry; floor finish requires 4-6 coats just to acheive some level of gloss--VCT is dull out of the box).

Anyway, nothing will build up on your car from using ONR as a rinseless, QD, or even straight.

Alvin
09-28-2012, 05:44 PM
ONR will not strip wax now as QD there is no build up you are using it to clean with witch means you will wipe it off