PDA

View Full Version : tornador question

GoldBl4d3
09-27-2012, 07:08 PM
So I purchased the tornador with the DP sticker :)

But after a while I started thinking. If im shooting all of that liquid around those buttons at 90 psi, im sure that solution is going to get behind the buttons. Corrode the electrical connections (over a long time) and even possible making the buttons sticky from residue build up.

Even if I put it on the blow setting it will just blow the liquid thats in those buttons further.

So is this something to worry about? Or am I safe with it? Can someone explain why I am safe with it?

Thanks all, just need some good re-assurance.

Ryansdetailing
09-27-2012, 07:14 PM
I was told not to use the tornador around the gauges and radio buttons..so im wondering the samething you are!

GoldBl4d3
09-27-2012, 07:22 PM
I see it fine in door jambs and on doors. Just not the dash buttons. If I cant use it for the dash buttons im returning it. haha

Vitric
09-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Unfortunately I learned this the hard way. Yes the tornador can damage the radio head unit when you blast too much solution at it. I damaged a head unit and the customer was very un happy. I figured out a new method. I spray my cleaner in the cup holders, dip my brush into the cleaner and get the dirt out of the buttons. I then use tornador air to blow the cleaner out of the cracks. I know what your thinking.... "what's the difference" the difference is you get to control how much cleaner you are putting in the cracks of the buttons. The trick is just use as little cleaner as you can while getting the job done.

GoldBl4d3
09-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Unfortunately I learned this the hard way. Yes the tornador can damage the radio head unit when you blast too much solution at it. I damaged a head unit and the customer was very un happy. I figured out a new method. I spray my cleaner in the cup holders, dip my brush into the cleaner and get the dirt out of the buttons. I then use tornador air to blow the cleaner out of the cracks. I know what your thinking.... "what's the difference" the difference is you get to control how much cleaner you are putting in the cracks of the buttons. The trick is just use as little cleaner as you can while getting the job done.

So return my tornador? :(

How much were you blasting? Full? Half? Im thinking its fine if I only blast a little and quickly. No need to sit there with it right?

GoldBl4d3
09-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Anyone else? I really need to know before I screw up. I own a 2010 dodge ram and even tho its not dirty. The tornador makes it easy.

I wanna hear some peoples thoughts. Anyone? Please?

GoldBl4d3
09-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Bump. Anyone else?

van185
09-28-2012, 11:54 AM
I have a tornado black and love it. I use it to clean almost all my details. I use a little cleaner and mostly just air on the electronic buttons. I have not had any trouble with the tornado damaging anything yet. It is actaully one of the best detailing tools that I use. I use it mainly with Megs APC deluted 1:20. The cleaning powing is amazing. I usually just spray and wipe and diret and stains are gone, which usually require APC and a scrub brush. Hope that helps.

GoldBl4d3
09-28-2012, 12:22 PM
thank you, again, that is very re-assuring. Thanks.

Vitric
09-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Basically my point was... When you use the tornador on the buttons use as little cleaner as you can to assure that you won't damage it. As far as window and lock buttons I've never had a problem with damaging them

GoldBl4d3
09-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Basically my point was... When you use the tornador on the buttons use as little cleaner as you can to assure that you won't damage it. As far as window and lock buttons I've never had a problem with damaging them

Yes I know what your point was. I just want to hear the opinions of other people too.