PDA

View Full Version : got it?

trytoshine
09-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Ill keep it short.

I have lurked on here for quite some time, and have detailed in many car shops in college as a side job, but now i have got a internship so its bye to detailing every day. Im getting back into in and here is my shopping list. Just wanted to know if it looks good.

-I purchased a makita 9227 rotary buffer (what I started on)
-4 3/4 flex backing plate
-CCS Yellow Orange White and Blue pad (6.5 inch)
-Megs 105 ultra cut
-Also the wolfgang swirl remover and glaze

I have extreme etching and oxidation on my ranger from neglect, thats why I am going to really cut it.

Does it look good like I have a decent set up to bring the finish to perfect as possible or should I put in a polish before the wolfgang glaze. I dont want to wash the glaze off later and have holograms all over from the filler missing. Thank you

rider9195
09-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Welcome to Autogeek Online!

The Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is not a glaze. It is a fine polish, I know it's confusing. The compound, swirl remover, and polish you have selected will do a great job. But you will have holograms because of using a rotary polisher. If you could pick up a dual action polisher to do the final polishing steps with, that would be your best option as it will not leave holograms behind.

flyinion
09-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Also, if you have a light colored vehicle, you may not even need the "glaze" as the Wolfgang TSR finishes down really well on its own. You might not noticed the extra polishing from the Finishing Glaze at that point. Oh and you'll want a wax or sealer to go on top after.