PDA

View Full Version : Adam's Polishes an Compounds

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

chris.ganucheau
09-27-2012, 03:58 PM
I already have menzerna sf4500 and sf4000 but i am looking to expand my products.... I was looking at getting there 3 different compounds an polishes because they color code the polish to the pad. Thats a genius idea i think! Do any of yall have experience with their products an pads? Im looking for something stupid proof.
Feed back pleaseFeed back pleaseFeed back pleaseFeed back pleaseFeed back pleaseFeed back pleaseFeed back please

Flash Gordon
09-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Why do they make you use 3 compounds? With Megs 105 you only need 1

SonOfOC
09-27-2012, 04:31 PM
There are few good things from the Adam's line; compounds and polishes are not one of them. Stick with Menzerna, Meguiars, and Optimum.

silverfox
09-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Adams is a clever marketing guy. Menzerna and meguiars actually manufacture things. No comparison.

chris.ganucheau
09-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Why do they make you use 3 compounds? With Megs 105 you only need 1

I meant they have a heavy compound, swirl and haze remover, and a final polish. not 3 compounds. I just like the fact they are color coded to the pad, but if you all say to stick with m105 and m205 I will.

What about their spray detail?

Flash Gordon
09-27-2012, 04:58 PM
I meant they have a heavy compound, swirl and haze remover, and a final polish. not 3 compounds. I just like the fact they are color coded to the pad, but if you all say to stick with m105 and m205 I will.

What about their spray detail?

Meguiars 105 can take care of all 3 of those issues using the same pad

The color coated pads are a gimmick. If that works for you though go for it

I've heard great things about their QD :props:

SON1C
09-27-2012, 05:01 PM
lol are you kidding me? here let me code products for you
m105 cyan hydrotech lc pad
m205 tangerine hydrotech lc pad
wax/selant of your choice black pad
now you can actually get quality products at better prices as opposed to average products at highly inflated prices
thank me later ;)

Flash Gordon
09-27-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm sure Adam's products are above average, but you'll probally not get the best endorsments here seeing that AG doesn't sell them

I have zero expierence using their line

Anthony Onorato
09-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I thoroughly enjoy using a few products from the Adam's line...however their polishes are definitely aimed towards the "not-so-confident" guy. They aren't anywhere near aggressive enough to tackle anything heavier than the lightest swirls. Stick with M105.

A lot of Adam's stuff is rebrands of other things. They have a very tight knit community, but they are VERY defensive and won't take advice about any product that doesn't say Adam's on it. Their close-mindedness drives a lot of people away.

chris.ganucheau
09-27-2012, 05:20 PM
lol are you kidding me? here let me code products for you
m105 cyan hydrotech lc pad
m205 tangerine hydrotech lc pad
wax/selant of your choice black pad
now you can actually get quality products at better prices as opposed to average products at highly inflated prices
thank me later ;)

i don't know whats up with the attitude? It was a question about their products. I have never used them so I don't know how they perform. I already have LC Flat Pads. I thought it was a cool concept to color code them. But I appreciate the attitude with your remark. And hey I'll thank you now ;)

chris.ganucheau
09-27-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm sure Adam's products are above average, but you'll probally not get the best endorsments here seeing that AG doesn't sell them

I have zero expierence using their line

I understand that, thanks for the replies an i'll probably either stick with some other menzerna or meguiars
I will however look into their quick detailer.

I thoroughly enjoy using a few products from the Adam's line...however their polishes are definitely aimed towards the "not-so-confident" guy. They aren't anywhere near aggressive enough to tackle anything heavier than the lightest swirls. Stick with M105.

A lot of Adam's stuff is rebrands of other things. They have a very tight knit community, but they are VERY defensive and won't take advice about any product that doesn't say Adam's on it. Their close-mindedness drives a lot of people away.

Ok i appreciate the responses, I haven't ever used it an happen to be on their website wasting time an came across it. I will stick with either menzerna or meguiars.

ihaveacamaro
09-27-2012, 05:53 PM
I think you should try the smallest available amounts they have and get back to us. Never fully decide your decision based on the internet :)

Bunky
09-27-2012, 06:45 PM
I would stick with Menzerna and Meguiars.

If you use the polish and not their pads or follow their technique, you may not get help would need.

stibuki
09-27-2012, 06:55 PM
I think you should try the smallest available amounts they have and get back to us. Never fully decide your decision based on the internet :)

Totally agree with the above statement. Also no need to worry about how much you purchase as Adams has a money back guarantee. Are there as good or better competing products, yes. Cheaper priced, yes.

After having used most of Adams products at one time I will provide my two cents worth.

Like most small boutique brands his products are produced for him by other manufactures to his specification and some are just a re brand with a minor tweak like smell and color.

They are a bit on the expensive side but nothing outrageous. Along with that comes excellent customer service and a no questions asked money back guarantee. As a company they stand behind their products. I've sent back year old used product and gotten a refund! They have replaced broken spray heads for free. Replaced product for free because of a bad batch where the color of the product faded even though it preformed as intended.

His polish, compound and pads are geared to be beginner friendly and there for color coded. Not a bad idea as how many posts have we all seen regarding what pad with what product. These products are easy to work with and provide excellent results, almost goof proof. I still find myself reaching for them once in a while. I would agree however that they are a bit lacking on cut.

Everybody has their favorites but with little to no risk why not give them a try and decide for yourself. It's much like the Collnite or Duragloss wars..lol Some people love these products and others hate them. I am far from a Adams fan boy but they do have some good products when used as directed.

luv a shine
09-27-2012, 06:57 PM
There are few good things from the Adam's line; compounds and polishes are not one of them. Stick with Menzerna, Meguiars, and Optimum.
That was 1500 then 4000 then 4500 . Then OPT hyper polish and then OC 2-0
+1:props:http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/220519_507721105923501_291795784_o.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/327434_507707579258187_1216536301_o.jpg