PDA

View Full Version : Claying with washing question

darksparkz
04-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Is it okay to do clay directly after washing the car? I mean, while the car is still wet? Can I just use that water and have a bottle of QD for extra lubricant in needed spots? I know some people do that to save time on jobs, but if it's for a personal car, would you recommend doing that? Any harm?

Sidenote: Which pad does Klasse AIO go on for the Edge 2k pads? Klasse SG goes on white pad right?

Whitethunder46
04-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Is it okay to do clay directly after washing the car? I mean, while the car is still wet? Can I just use that water and have a bottle of QD for extra lubricant in needed spots? I know some people do that to save time on jobs, but if it's for a personal car, would you recommend doing that? Any harm?

Sidenote: Which pad does Klasse AIO go on for the Edge 2k pads? Klasse SG goes on white pad right?

That's what I do with claying. I don't have to worry about water drying and leaving spots since I use a water softener filter which works great. If there are any spots they wipe off effortlessly with the QD.

I like to apply AIO with a blue pad to give it a little extra cleaning ability. I love to use AIO with blue pad on windows.

sparkie
04-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Yes!
Yes!
I use a soap/water mix.
Yes!
I haven't had any!

Sevenrd
04-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Yep.

My process is foam gun wash, rinse, clay using foam gun wash as lubricant, rinse, dry.

kastanaras
04-18-2007, 02:27 AM
I just got Meguiars Mild Professional Clay Bar and wondering if this works well with wash soap as lubrication.

darksparkz
04-18-2007, 08:00 AM
Wow, sounds great, saves me quite a bit of time. Thanks a lot!

Bigfoot
04-18-2007, 08:17 AM
I do it, with no problems at all! Saves time, and if you're doing business, time is money!

bambo2888
04-18-2007, 10:27 AM
this is what i do too, and also suggest this as a method to others. many dont know about using the soap. glad you found out!

budman3
04-18-2007, 10:52 AM
As long as the car is clean and isn't any dirt on the car, you'll be ok. I personally wash & dry and then clay the vehicle, then blow out the crevices and then continue onto polishing.

YankeeFan
04-22-2007, 10:05 PM
That's what I do with claying. I don't have to worry about water drying and leaving spots since I use a water softener filter which works great. If there are any spots they wipe off effortlessly with the QD.

I like to apply AIO with a blue pad to give it a little extra cleaning ability. I love to use AIO with blue pad on windows.

Been waiting for someone that uses AIO on windows. What process do you use? Wet the pad as per directions, put some AIO on it then apply to windows. Then what? Remove with glass cleaner, with just a towel, etc.??

Thanks,
Howard

Bags
04-23-2007, 12:17 PM
I have used AIO on windows and now I use DG101, I used a polishing pad (LC white) and used the pc on 3. Let it sit for an hour and wiped off with a MF cloth. No glass cleaners or water. I even threw a little sealant on later, but not on the windshield with the sealant. If you want to see how my windows turned out look at my 06 Durango thread. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/5682-detailed-2006-durango-not-56k-friendly-2.html

ejflanag
04-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Well i purchased the DP clay that came with two clay bars and one 32oz bottle of lube HAHA ive used half a bar of clay and 3/4 bottle of lube. I need more but i was thinking about diluting the rest of my bottle with water is that OK can i do that and expect it to work.

Nica
04-23-2007, 06:21 PM
I actually tried claying the vehicle right after washing it and it works great. If your gong to be polishing the vehicle (meaning removing swirls/scratches) then this really helps because you hardly need any more lub then the water that's already there on the vehicle. I didn't find any micromarring so I'm assuming this is good. Looks like other members have tried it and it seems to work too...good I'm not out to lunch.

D
04-23-2007, 07:12 PM
I wash the car, then rinse it off, then clay using soap and my foam gun, then dry and start polishing.