PDA

View Full Version : Critique my first kit?

bkaup5
09-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Hey everyone, so just went out and purchased a few items and was looking for some feedback on them, whether that be if you like them or how to better use them, or even if I am missing some things..anything helps :)

Griot's Garage 6 inch
5 inch backing plate
2 cuttings pads, 2 polishing pads, 1 waxing pad
Adam's car soap w/ mitt
2 grit guards (although my buckets may be a bit too small)
Optimum Polish II
Prima Hydro Seal
1z Einzsett Glanz Wax
Nanoskin Autoscrub
Nanoskin Glide
ONR No Rinse
Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner
1z Cockpit Premium
Stoner's Invisible Glass

The things I know I need to start working on is definitely brushes for the wheel well, lugs, a LOT more microfiber towels, some seat cleaner (alcantara is hard to clean for me), and some pad cleaner.

cleanmycorolla
09-27-2012, 02:11 PM
more pads!

bkaup5
09-27-2012, 02:24 PM
I will definitely be getting more on my next order :).

cleanmycorolla
09-27-2012, 04:08 PM
I will definitely be getting more on my next order :).

Better sooner than later, especially as a first timer, you'll want extra pads on hand before you dig into it. Ideally you'd use more than 2 pads per step, you only have 5 total in your cart!:xyxthumbs:

bkaup5
09-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Better sooner than later, especially as a first timer, you'll want extra pads on hand before you dig into it. Ideally you'd use more than 2 pads per step, you only have 5 total in your cart!:xyxthumbs:

I thought you could get away with one waxing pad, but would ideally want 2 or so for every other step. Since I have 2 cutting/compound, 2 polish/seal, and 1 wax (prima hydro seal is applied with a damp microfiber) then I would be alright for now. I should be buying some more in a week or so anyways but just curious.

Any other recommendations?

SON1C
09-28-2012, 08:15 AM
I believe there are much better alternatives and cost efficient than sonax, I was thoroughly disappointed with sonax and the price
for example mothers wheel and tire cleaner
ironx
half those products aren't even sold here.. lol

bkaup5
09-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Really? I actually like the product a lot although it's rather expensive for the little bit that you do get.

I will take a look into the other products you mentioned.