PDA

View Full Version : Foul smell using interior protectant

hoyt66
09-27-2012, 08:31 AM
I love Wolfgang and Pinnacle products but....I have used both their interior vinyl/rubber protectants that claim to have a "fresh" scent or a "signature" Wolfgang scent, of which they

do in their bottle. My problem is when I apply the spray to my mf it gives a kinda funky smell. My wife has even gotten in my car after and said it smells like "pee" in here. I take care of

mf's like anyone else, pretty picky about them and each has its specific use. I even bought new mf's to eliminate them as a factor. Yesterday my wife was cleaning her car and I handed

her the bottle and mf , she sprayed it , started wiping and gave a funny look as it smelled. I since switched back to 303 but was wondering ...anyone else have this with either of these

products? Again I'm a huge fan of both product lines but not their interior protectant.

KneeDragr
09-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Ive never used them, but Ive used Blackfire and it has no Pee odor.

You could give UIPP a shot, kinda smells like kerosene on the applicator but its odorless once you put it on.

Setec Astronomy
09-27-2012, 08:33 AM
I haven't used either of those, but I have heard of some interior products going bad (Lexol). How do you store them? If it's hot it's possible that something has broken down or is growing in there, have you looked inside the bottle to see if there is any mold?

hoyt66
09-27-2012, 08:40 AM
I haven't used either of those, but I have heard of some interior products going bad (Lexol). How do you store them? If it's hot it's possible that something has broken down or is growing in there, have you looked inside the bottle to see if there is any mold?
I store them in my garage year around. Even when they were new it gave a funny smell. I only use them now for rubber trim on the outside of the vehicle to use them up. I was just experimenting to see if my wife would smell the same thing I did when I used it. The product looks normal in the bottle and I don't think it spoiled. Just curious if anyone else encountered this.