PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: A detailer with an electronic paint thickness tester for fiberglass bodies in central AL

J S Machine
09-27-2012, 05:56 AM
Hey folks, I'm new here. I recently was referred to the site by somebody else on another forum. I had a bad detail job done to my car, and I am trying to figure out what to do about it. You can see the thread here:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/55764-i-think-i-m-new-candidate-horrendous.html

I need to meet up with someone who has an ultrasonic (I think) tester that is capable of testing the paint thickness on a Corvette. I have been unable to find anything locally and the closest person I know of is Brian Burnworth from the Atlanta area. I will be contacting him today.

If I could find someone closer that would be awesome, because I am in AL, about 20 miles north of Montgomery. Brian is about three hours away from me. While I don't mind driving to him, I wouldn't mind someone closer either..

I just want to get the clear thickness tested to see if it has been taken to far or if there is still some there to work with.

Thanks!