PDA

View Full Version : Klasse vs #476s?

Snowdrifter
09-26-2012, 10:21 PM
I have a white '03 forester that is parked outside 24/7.

I am looking for what will protect the paint the most and keep it looking good 10-15 years from now(that's how long I plan on keeping the car) but without needing frequent reapplication.

I have been reading and for bang/buck, I have come up with these 2 LSPs. I have read that the both last a long time.

So which would you pick for durability and protection, with protection being the primary concern? I don't care about looks, as long as it doesn't turn the paint purple or something lol.

rider9195
09-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Proper preparation of the paint will help with durability. Claying and paint cleansing will be your two most important steps excluding the application of your LSP.

Collinite waxes are known for their durability and you will not be disappointed. Although don't expect it to be some super wax that never needs reapplying. I would always put a coat on before winter and start fresh when spring comes around.

Hoytman
09-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Any Duragloss product topped with your choice of Collinite is what I'm considering on my own dd's. Also, simply considering just using DG products with their AW...can't get much faster than that...or durable...or shiny.

Rsurfer
09-26-2012, 11:41 PM
I have a white '03 forester that is parked outside 24/7.

I am looking for what will protect the paint the most and keep it looking good 10-15 years from now(that's how long I plan on keeping the car) but without needing frequent reapplication.

I have been reading and for bang/buck, I have come up with these 2 LSPs. I have read that the both last a long time.

So which would you pick for durability and protection, with protection being the primary concern? I don't care about looks, as long as it doesn't turn the paint purple or something lol.

If you are talking about Klasse AIO, you need to top it with a sealant. The sealant side of the AIO is not very durable. The Klasse Twins would be Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant Glaze. Or you can two step it with Klasse AIO topped with #476 or 845.

Snowdrifter
09-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Oh, so AIO is more of a cleaner? Good to know!

How about just klasse glaze with 476 on top of it? How many layers do you think would be beneficial before I reach the point of deminishing returns?

DJBAILEY
09-27-2012, 05:08 AM
Claybar the car first. Klasse AIO to deep clean the paint (no correction ability except the lightest marring). Then apply the Klasse Super Glaze twice to make sure you covered everything. Then a coat of the 476s. If you do that 2x a year, say spring and fall, for the next 10-15 years you will have no problems keeping the paint protected.

Snowdrifter
09-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Sweet good to know thanks!

ShineMyCar
09-27-2012, 11:51 AM
I've been experimenting with both Klasse and collinite.

I did Klasse 1x KAIO, 2x KSG, 1xCollinite 915. I'm experimenting with various products to get a base of knowledge and also to protect for winter.

My findings are these

KAIO - Good deep cleaning after Claybar. Takes off the final bit of grime from claybar / and leftover product with cleaner and leaves a protectant shine on paint.

KSG - adds a layer of durability & gloss on the KAIO. I kept reading about candy coating, but didn't quite know what people were referring to.

I then proceeded to test the 915 on a panel taped half Collinite over Klasse Twins & half just the Klasse twins with 2xSG. The difference is subtle but noticable at the tape line.

The depth of finish that people are talking about with Wax coat vs Sealant is that the color underneath penetrates through the shiny finish better under the Carnuba wax than just the sealant. I have metallic blue paint, and both the metallic sparkle and dark blue color came through the wax more visibly. This I think is what people refer to when they say Carnuba Wax has more depth to it than sealants.

If you were to see 2 of the same car go by, one with Sealant and 1 with Carnuba Wax, I don't think you'd notice a difference. If you saw them side by side, I think the Wax coated car would be more attractive with the depth of color showing through the glossy shine.

The Collinite was harder to remove than the light coat of KSG, but not that tough. Use a good folded MF towel and just put a little elbow behind the buffing and it comes off. The 476 should be a little tougher to remove than the 915.

As far as the feel of the product on the car, the KSG has a more slick feeling to it vs the Collinite. Collinite right after removing & buffing is smooth, but not as slick as the KSG. There is some waxiness to it. The KSG was super slick hard coating on top of the finish.

Moving forward, I'll continue to use the KAIO under every top product b/c of the cleaning agents and it's ease to work with. I'll probably use the KSG before winters. The SG wasn't isn't hard to work with, but the time between coats turns it into a multi-day application process.

Snowdrifter
09-27-2012, 11:18 PM
That is one GREAT response. Thanks!!

ref
07-02-2015, 05:31 PM
I've been experimenting with both Klasse and collinite.

I did Klasse 1x KAIO, 2x KSG, 1xCollinite 915. I'm experimenting with various products to get a base of knowledge and also to protect for winter.

My findings are these

KAIO - Good deep cleaning after Claybar. Takes off the final bit of grime from claybar / and leftover product with cleaner and leaves a protectant shine on paint.

KSG - adds a layer of durability & gloss on the KAIO. I kept reading about candy coating, but didn't quite know what people were referring to.

I then proceeded to test the 915 on a panel taped half Collinite over Klasse Twins & half just the Klasse twins with 2xSG. The difference is subtle but noticable at the tape line.

The depth of finish that people are talking about with Wax coat vs Sealant is that the color underneath penetrates through the shiny finish better under the Carnuba wax than just the sealant. I have metallic blue paint, and both the metallic sparkle and dark blue color came through the wax more visibly. This I think is what people refer to when they say Carnuba Wax has more depth to it than sealants.

If you were to see 2 of the same car go by, one with Sealant and 1 with Carnuba Wax, I don't think you'd notice a difference. If you saw them side by side, I think the Wax coated car would be more attractive with the depth of color showing through the glossy shine.

The Collinite was harder to remove than the light coat of KSG, but not that tough. Use a good folded MF towel and just put a little elbow behind the buffing and it comes off. The 476 should be a little tougher to remove than the 915.

As far as the feel of the product on the car, the KSG has a more slick feeling to it vs the Collinite. Collinite right after removing & buffing is smooth, but not as slick as the KSG. There is some waxiness to it. The KSG was super slick hard coating on top of the finish.In terms of durability, was there an improvement on the car KAIO+KSG(2) and KAIO+KSG(2)+Collonite?

FUNX650
07-02-2015, 07:08 PM
For your stated purpose, I'll suggest:

-Meguiar's M305; followed by Meguiar's M21 2.0
Or:
-Finish Kare #303; followed by FK 1000P

Bob