PDA

View Full Version : What type of pad?

Cliffy
09-26-2012, 12:34 PM
For cutting, is it best to use a meguiars wool pad or lake country yellow pad? Can you use the meguiars wool pad with the meguiars DA. I know meguiars doesn't recommend it but I heard people say its ok to use.

rider9195
09-26-2012, 12:42 PM
With the microfiber pads out on the market, I would get one of those over a heavy cut foam pad any day!

I have tried using a Lake Country Purple Foamed Wool pad on my PC 7424XP and it didn't work good compared to the Optimum MF Compounding Pad.

Bill1234
09-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Wool pads are the most abrasive, if you want to cut, I would get the micofiber professional pads by meguiars, red is for cutting and black is for finishing

BobbyG
09-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Most aggressive

Wool pads on a rotary
Yellow foam on a dual action machine

Wool pads are really designed for the rotary machine. Lake Country offers a foam-wool pad that appears to have some success on a dual action machine, especially the Flex 3401.

The length of the typical wool pad is long in comparison to the dual action oscillation which is about 3/8" or so. Because of this the wool doesn't lay down as it will with a rotary machine and will sort of jiggle which does nothing at all.

SON1C
09-26-2012, 08:29 PM
I Got great cut with my hydros cyans by lc

AutowerxDetailing
09-26-2012, 08:59 PM
From what I have used for the best cut I would suggest LC Yellow CCS (or flat) or LC MF pads. I hear Surbuf MF pads cut really well too.