PDA

View Full Version : All info welcome..

jjj
09-25-2012, 07:09 PM
I have a bud whos black car was hit in the rear qtr. He had to have a paint job done there. It doesn't look bad when washed and waxed etc. BUT after a while it gets a grey haze almost like a ghost in the paint. IS this fixable?

Flash Gordon
09-25-2012, 07:12 PM
I have a bud whos black car was hit in the rear qtr. He had to have a paint job done there. It doesn't look bad when washed and waxed etc. BUT after a while it gets a grey haze almost like a ghost in the paint. IS this fixable?

Sounds like compound haze. I would compound it again, then polish then jewell :buffing:

jjj
10-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Sounds like compound haze. I would compound it again, then polish then jewell :buffing:

Thanks so much for your help. UC'd coly 845, s100 it today and looks great The "fog" is gone. We will watch it for a while to make sure, but looks great. Thanks again.

Jomax
10-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks so much for your help. UC'd coly 845, s100 it today and looks great The "fog" is gone. We will watch it for a while to make sure, but looks great. Thanks again.

After UC I would've followed it with UP, especially on black.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Flash Gordon
10-05-2012, 07:53 PM

Thanks for the update and glad it worked out :props:

The other day, after wetsanding a scratch, I couldn't get the haze out of the clear using my DA..... ended up having to use the rotary..... I have no idea what the problem was....it was very frustrating....

btw, what is UC'd and s100?

jjj
10-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the update and glad it worked out :props:

The other day, after wetsanding a scratch, I couldn't get the haze out of the clear using my DA..... ended up having to use the rotary..... I have no idea what the problem was....it was very frustrating....

btw, what is UC'd and s100?

Ultimate compound and s100 Nuba topper.

jjj
10-05-2012, 08:36 PM
After UC I would've followed it with UP, especially on black.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

I did glaze after with xmt. Forgot to mention.