PDA

View Full Version : Bfwdps vs wgdgps

SON1C
09-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Input? I love bfwdps but have no experience with wgdgps

rider9195
09-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Similar products. But I do feel that the BFWD is easier to work with. I like to use the WGDGPS on my rims and door jambs mainly though.

ScottB
09-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Wolfgang is often suggested as looking a little more like a traditional wax. Blackfire is more reflective. Both are extremely glossy.

bullitt 736
09-25-2012, 06:41 PM
My preference is WG although either is great. Two cars I've use them on, both times the WG felt slicker but looks were similar

Chris's FX4
09-25-2012, 07:54 PM
I've only used BFWD on the hood of one of our cars, but it did feel like it was a little easier to remove. Didn't feel as slick as WGDGPS though to me.

That being said, I love WGDGPS. Extremely glossy, slick, and awesome reflections. Two coats of it easily gets me through August-April, and the truck is outside 24/7.

Here's a good review of the two: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/47957-review-wolfgang-vs-blackfire.html

imranhakro
09-26-2012, 12:10 AM
MY vote is for WGDGPS 3.0

SonOfOC
09-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Before BFWD was the flavor of the month, it was WGPS 3.0.
Apple didn't fall far from the tree for these two. PBMG FTW!

Madness87
09-26-2012, 02:15 AM
Before BFWD was the flavor of the month, it was WGPS 3.0.
Apple didn't fall far from the tree for these two. PBMG FTW!

No kidding. I personally really like Wolfgang DGPS 3.0

But a few weeks ago I got some DP poli-coat on BOGO and it's almost like the Wolfgang. Super easy to apply and remove and leaves a nice reflection. I'd really like to know the exact differences between the brands.

mg6045
09-26-2012, 06:57 AM
WG spreads easier and thats about where it ends.

Blackfire cures faster and can be wiped off after about 10 minutes. It also buffs off easier, and is slicker. Both look good, but blackfire is better for lighter color I feel because of how reflective it is.

Ive used both products for about 3 years now and because of the more difficult wipe off and wait time of up to 1 hour before removing, I choose to no longer use WG and would rather use blackfire.

The differences are extremely minimal though and I'm nitpicking. If you asking if the differences are enough to warrant spending 40 dollars to see I will definitely say NO. There very similar products.

Klasse Act
09-26-2012, 08:18 AM
I have/use BFWD and its very easy to use and produces the results, you've gotta watch how much you put on though as it has a tendency to dust up a bit when removing, not a real big deal anyways, a quick spray on your mf with your favorite QD solves that. Haven't used WG so I can't comment on that stuff, sounds like a solid product line though.

A-train
09-26-2012, 11:23 AM
In my opinion i give looks to BFWD, As far as durability goes I give the to edge to WGDGPS.

Bunky
09-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Brighter gloss, looks like a layer of clearcoat - WG
Darken paints, very glossy, slicker slicker - BF

gportiz
09-28-2012, 04:33 PM
BUMP....

I'm in the process of deciding between these two sealants so I'm hoping to get some more feedback on this thread.

I won't be topping the sealant with a wax. I'm planning on using two coats of sealant on my black car.

cleanmycorolla
09-28-2012, 05:51 PM
^^IMO WGDGPS would be my choice. You really can't go wrong with either, but I tend to grab Wolfgang first.