PDA

View Full Version : Exciting news for me...

Pages : [1] 2

YNOT
09-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I wanted to share something really cool that happened to me recently. Some of you who follow my side biz on facebook may have already seen this.

I've had lots of ideas running through my brain for a long time now so I concepted 5 automotive themed OAKLEY Gascan's and sent them in to OAKLEY. All original TMoore Graphic designs...figured it couldn't hurt to try my luck, right? This was not for any contest or anything...just ideas I had that I wanted to get down on paper and see where they lead me.

Well, I got the renderings returned to me last week, along with a nice letter thanking me for my efforts. They won't be using my designs, however, they shipped me a pair of Chip Foose edition polarized Fuel Cells for my time and effort. Absolutely made my day! They could've never responded, or even just sent them back with nothing. In fact...these glasses don't even hit stores until October! And if I'm lucky...maybe I can meet Chip again at SEMA this November and get them signed.

So while my designs won't be used on any OAKLEY's (at least not now) I will certainly enjoy my new glasses and wear them with pride! Just another reason why I continue to buy OAKLEY glasses...classy company and great products.

Here are a few of my renderings as well as the Chip Foose editions they shipped me...

http://www.satanclauz.com/mynot/foose_oakleys.jpg

http://www.satanclauz.com/mynot/the_custom.jpg

http://www.satanclauz.com/mynot/primed_n_ready.jpg

http://www.satanclauz.com/mynot/high_dollar_rodder.jpg

Hope you all like 'em. I really wish they would've used a concept or two of mine...but maybe somewhere down the road, I'll have another opportunity.

ZimRandy
09-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Those are some cool renderings. I like the scallops!

Oakley's have been my sunglasses of choice for many years also.

Randy

The Moose
09-25-2012, 02:55 PM
I've always enjoyed my Oakleys. Those renderings are pretty damn cool if you ask me. I've got a set of those glasses in a dark brown, i'd love a set in primer or even a dark grey polished.

Ray@Autogeek
09-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Just wanted to share what someone on Facebook thought of your designs >

Rick Garcia: I would of bought all of those designs... They look great!!!!!

Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151403581689989&id=62664969988&notif_t=feed_comment)

And I agree :xyxthumbs:

ReflectiveAuto
09-25-2012, 03:00 PM
I have a few Oakley's...the Oak's I have on right now is the ones that my son is wearing in this pic...he loves them.

Chris's FX4
09-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Really cool renderings you made. I like the scallop design ones as well.:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
09-25-2012, 03:41 PM
I like the high dollar rodder...

http://www.satanclauz.com/mynot/high_dollar_rodder.jpg

Coolsville...

:xyxthumbs:

dcjredline
09-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Nice work!!

YNOT
09-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks everyone...glad you all like 'em. I really think these would've gone over well. Apparently OAKLEY felt otherwise. :-( But that's alright...it was exciting to get my ideas down on paper and send them in regardless. Maybe there will be an opportunity with them again in the future.

dad07
09-25-2012, 04:18 PM
I wear cheap smoked saftey glasses all the time.....because of work,so big name shades aren't for me BUT if I was in the market for some cool looking shades......
YNOT your designs would be at the top of the list!

Oakley missed out on serious sales!

Hope you get another chance!

statusdetailing
09-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Impressive!

ziggo99
09-25-2012, 08:11 PM
I would've bought the Primed-N-Ready ones. They look really cool.

DaveT435
09-25-2012, 08:45 PM
I wanted to share something really cool that happened to me recently. Some of you who follow my side biz on facebook may have already seen this.

I've had lots of ideas running through my brain for a long time now so I concepted 5 automotive themed OAKLEY Gascan's and sent them in to OAKLEY. All original TMoore Graphic designs...figured it couldn't hurt to try my luck, right? This was not for any contest or anything...just ideas I had that I wanted to get down on paper and see where they lead me.

Well, I got the renderings returned to me last week, along with a nice letter thanking me for my efforts. They won't be using my designs, however, they shipped me a pair of Chip Foose edition polarized Fuel Cells for my time and effort. Absolutely made my day! They could've never responded, or even just sent them back with nothing. In fact...these glasses don't even hit stores until October! And if I'm lucky...maybe I can meet Chip again at SEMA this November and get them signed.

So while my designs won't be used on any OAKLEY's (at least not now) I will certainly enjoy my new glasses and wear them with pride! Just another reason why I continue to buy OAKLEY glasses...classy company and great products.

Here are a few of my renderings as well as the Chip Foose editions they shipped me...

Hope you all like 'em. I really wish they would've used a concept or two of mine...but maybe somewhere down the road, I'll have another opportunity.

Come up with your own logo...find a U.S. company that will make them for you using quality components...price them 50.00 higher than oakleys...and you'll probably sell them. lol

ShinyRex
09-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks everyone...glad you all like 'em. I really think these would've gone over well. Apparently OAKLEY felt otherwise. :-( But that's alright...it was exciting to get my ideas down on paper and send them in regardless. Maybe there will be an opportunity with them again in the future.

I actually like you designs better than the Chip foose one. . . My fav is the "Primed and Ready"

Shane731
09-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Love your renderings. I'm kinda hard on my sunglasses, so I just get the cheapie polarized ones from Wally World. But if I wanted some nice higher priced ones, yours would be at the top of my list. Very cool! :dblthumb2: