PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire SRC Polish versus m205?

jcedorjr
09-25-2012, 01:27 PM
I wasn't sure how the two compare, so figured I'd put a post out for those that have used both. I've used m205 once and was very impressed with it but really enjoy the Blackfire products so was looking to try the SRC polish and stick with the family product line. Does anybody have experience with both they could share? Thanks!

jcedorjr
09-26-2012, 07:32 AM
I ended up ordering the Blackfire SRC Polish (couldn't resist for 25% off), so will find out soon enough how it works but am still curious on anybody else's thoughts on how these two compare.

mg6045
09-26-2012, 07:41 AM
M205 is an excellent product.

The blackfire polish is similar to Menzerna 106FA (SF4000) super finish. This product is super easy to use, has a long working time and finish's brilliantly on just about every paint system.

M205 is probably a tad more aggressive in its cutting/cleaning ability. But for cleaning up compounding haze, both products are more than up for the task.

I actually love both of these polish's (205 and SF4000). If i'm doing a 1 step polish I would probably reach for 205. If I was using a finishing polish I would reach for the Blackfire polish. The blackfire polish probably finish's down clearer on softer paints as 205 can be somewhat aggressive on soft clear coats.

This is a situation where buying and trying both products for yourself is the only way to get a feel for which one you like. Both are designed for the same task and work equally well.

jcedorjr
09-26-2012, 07:44 AM
That's great information, thank you for sharing. I agree I won't know for sure until I try them both but figured it was worth the ask. Thanks again! :xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
09-26-2012, 07:50 AM
M205 will tend to micro-mar softer paints when used with a DA Polisher. Blackfire SRC Polish won't.

I test everything on black paint and then chemically strip to inspect results. I used M205 when it was a lab sample on the Batmobile which was also black paint.

Using a DeWALT Rotary Buffer on a 1966 Batmobile
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/715/RotaryBufferBatmobile1.jpg

I like M205 and it's a VERY good polish when used with any tool but it can leave micro-marring on softer paints when used with DA polishers, so just be aware.

:xyxthumbs:

jcedorjr
09-26-2012, 07:59 AM
That's very good to know Mike, especially since I have a black car so thanks for the heads up! I look forward to trying the Blackfire as I've been very happy with any of their other products that I have used.