PDA

View Full Version : Stains on my dashboard!!

fenderpicks
09-25-2012, 11:35 AM
hey guys is been a while since i posted anything.

Today while i was driving my truck (bought used), i finally was able to see the stain that cant be seen unless the sun is shinning right at it at the correct angle.

So to me it looks like some sort of stain... i have tried Ultima interior shampoo , and meg degreaser.

No luck it is still there... i seriously cant think of anything else to call it except "stain"

So i think i need something stronger to try out...

But Meg is the strongest cleaning chemical i have atm...
what do u guys suggest?

I can only think of mineral spirit....

Flash Gordon
09-25-2012, 11:45 AM
More then likely someone had a hulla girl attached to the dash using a sticky

It's been my expierence that once you remove the sticky, the stain will still be there

Have you ever considered putting a hulla girl up there?

fenderpicks
09-25-2012, 12:13 PM
lol hmm i shouldnt called it dashboard, but that part with the stain im talking about is connected with the dashboard as 1 entire piece.

It's more down low by where the knee cap is.
The little open drawer to put the manual. And the plastic dash next to it.

Flash Gordon
09-25-2012, 12:24 PM
lol hmm i shouldnt called it dashboard, but that part with the stain im talking about is connected with the dashboard as 1 entire piece.

It's more down low by where the knee cap is.
The little open drawer to put the manual. And the plastic dash next to it.

Are you saying this piece is seperate from the dash? If so maybe you could pull it and dye it

Sounds like a manufactures sticker was there. See if you can find another truck like yours and see what gives

fenderpicks
09-25-2012, 12:32 PM
man that thing is huge and long, its like the entire plastic cover for the dashboard.
It looks like some sort of splattering, doesnt look like a sticker, it look like some sort of liquid spill