PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Observations - AW Vs. UQW

BTLew81
09-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Nothing scientific here, but while drying my car over the weekend I ran out of AW...doh! So, I reached for UQW and used that as my drying aid for the last few panels. What did I notice? Well, mainly that the panels I used UQW on are MUCH slicker. Maybe a little different, slightly better look too?

Anyone else noticed this? I've always liked UQW, but never used it while drying. As much as I love AW too, it might not be as highly regarded by me if UQW continues to perform in the manner it did recently.

Jomax
09-25-2012, 10:51 AM
I use ultimate quik wax on my black truck as a drying aid. People comment after I wash it if I just waxed it. It does wonders for black vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

FUNX650
09-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Nothing scientific here, but while drying my car over the weekend I ran out of AW...doh! So, I reached for UQW and used that as my drying aid for the last few panels. What did I notice? Well, mainly that the panels I used UQW on are MUCH slicker. Maybe a little different, slightly better look too?

Anyone else noticed this? I've always liked UQW, but never used it while drying. As much as I love AW too, it might not be as highly regarded by me if UQW continues to perform in the manner it did recently.

-I use and appreciate Meg's G175 Ultimate Quik Wax for several purposes,
but not as a drying-aid...Yet. May do so, though.

Drying-Aid...
(It's going to take some time for this terminology to sink in.)

Scientific...
-One of these products hazardous ingredient is: Propylene Glycol
-The other ones hazardous ingredient is: Propyl Alcohol
(Both, I will add, at a low % of total weight by volume.)

Both are excellent products.
I just prefer the Meguire's Quik Wax.

:)

Bob

rider9195
09-25-2012, 02:07 PM
One thing to put into consideration is that AW contains polymers that need to fully cross link. But since we aren't being scientific, use what works for you. :xyxthumbs:

Madness87
09-25-2012, 11:29 PM
If ultimate quik wax came in bottles that were a bit bigger, I'd use it all the time. That being said, when I was in a Meguiars only phase, I would always use it as a drying aid when I knew I didn't have to fully wax again after a wash.

BTLew81
09-26-2012, 01:18 AM
They do have a larger size in the detailer line. Seems to be the same stuff, yet a larger size at a good price. AG has it for sure!

Madness87
09-26-2012, 01:39 AM
They do have a larger size in the detailer line. Seems to be the same stuff, yet a larger size at a good price. AG has it for sure!

Are you talking about D156? Is it th exact same as UQW?

leahcimp
09-26-2012, 02:36 AM
Are you talking about D156? Is it th exact same as UQW?

It's the same thing as UQW just different smell, more of a citrus scent. Use it all the time.
Use can search the forum to verify.

Michael