PDA

View Full Version : Tire dressing question.......

chris.ganucheau
09-24-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm curious when you use a spray bottle to put dressings on or use the spray gun how do you keep it off the rims? Or do you just wipe it off after?

mswerb
09-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Spray the dressing onto an applicator. Problem solved.

Finemess
09-24-2012, 05:01 PM
If you spray it on your applicator pad, then put it on your tire all will stay clean.

ShineMyCar
09-24-2012, 05:38 PM
I very recently switched from spraying on to tire to using an applicator and I'm much happier. More efficient use of product, and no streaks or drips.

With a dry tire, that hasn't been using any protectant for a long time, it takes a few coats ( 3 or 4 thin coats ) to get a shine. But once you get a base, the maintenance on a primed applicator you can dress a tire with 1 squirt of product.

Johny B
09-24-2012, 06:01 PM
I very recently switched from spraying on to tire to using an applicator and I'm much happier. More efficient use of product, and no streaks or drips.

With a dry tire, that hasn't been using any protectant for a long time, it takes a few coats ( 3 or 4 thin coats ) to get a shine. But once you get a base, the maintenance on a primed applicator you can dress a tire with 1 squirt of product.

I agree
Johny

NYYYCEandEEEEZY
09-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Me too...applicator to tire.