PDA

View Full Version : Which polish/sealer?

scooterguitar
09-24-2012, 02:57 PM
I've never used them too much through the years, always went regular polish, then sealers/waxes of choice, but now as time is more dear personally, I think I could benefit from using one on certain jobs.
I'd like it to just be a light polish with a solid sealant to get the job done quickly. I do want it to work on super fine swirls, etc...not a Klasse type AIO.
I'm thinking of trying the Blackfire Polish and seal, but wanted to touch base before placing the order in-case there might be a more preferred one.
Any tips appreciated!

BobbyG
09-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Like most all-in-one products they touch on nearly everything but none do it all extremely well.

To remove swirl type defects the product must contain abrasives, Klasse All-In-One does not.

BlackFire Total Polish & Seal is a nice product. It's formulated with a light swirl remover so it will mechanically remove these minor defects by abrading or removing them. I've used this product and it performs very well, see my review below.

BlackFire Total Polish & Seal Review

BlackFire Total Polish and Seal - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/39102-blackfire-total-polish-seal.html)

The only thing I would add to this is add a coat of dedicated sealant on top for maximum shine and protection.

BlackFire Wet Diamond Paint Sealant. :props:

RPPM
09-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Poorboys Polish with Sealant.

Very nice to work with, can get more cut by going to a more aggressive pad, or use with finishing pad and have it act more like a glaze.

scooterguitar
09-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys. I've used the PB maybe 4 years ago, but has been awhile now.
I was hoping the BF would be the answer. I am loving using the Wet Diamond Sealant, even more so than my old faithful WG.
Happen to know if I can top with Wet Diamond right after the polish/seal?
I'm looking for such a product for those one last nice details before winter and cars that just need a little help opposed to a full blown detail.
Shopping cart...READY

scooterguitar
09-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Should I use a white low profile or a tangerine hydro tech you think?
Which one would have a little more cut? I'm confused anymore with all the different colors and choices :>)