PDA

View Full Version : tire gel tho spray gun help

GoldBl4d3
09-24-2012, 02:00 PM
So I but a mini HVLP spray gun. Note I do have experience painting with HVLP guns. Loaded it with Optimum pti-Bond Tire Gel dilluted 1:1 with water like instructions say. It sprays thiny and more in light dots instead of an even coating.

Note that it doesnt have a spray fan spread, only straight stream. I think thats the cause. But im not sure.

Optimum sells a gun specifically for this use. Is it worth the price tag. Does it work good???

Mike Phillips
09-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Optimum sells a gun specifically for this use. Is it worth the price tag. Does it work good???

Yes it works really well.

I took some pictures of it in action spraying my 42" Super Swampers but they didn't come out good enough to post. I can try to redo them next week. Too busy with my upcoming Boot Camp Class to do the article justice plus take a video.

:)

AutowerxDetailing
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
I will never apply tire dressing by hand again. It is so much nicer, easier, faster via an air brush.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/55539-tire-dressing-applicator-what-s-good-material-2.html

The Optimum spray gun seems like it would work great even in high volume detailing environments.

GoldBl4d3
09-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Yes it works really well.

I took some pictures of it in action spraying my 42" Super Swampers but they didn't come out good enough to post. I can try to redo them next week. Too busy with my upcoming Boot Camp Class to do the article justice plus take a video.

:)

Thanks mike, thats definitely reassuring now. Going to buy one then in my upcoming purchase.

I will never apply tire dressing by hand again. It is so much nicer, easier, faster via an air brush.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/55539-tire-dressing-applicator-what-s-good-material-2.html

The Optimum spray gun seems like it would work great even in high volume detailing environments.

An air brush. Thats funny, i have a spare test spot airbrush with a 0.35 tip on it. Going to try that out.

I Things megs dressing has more viscosity, so I dont know if it will even work well with opti-bond tire gel.

Ryansdetailing
09-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Just bought a spray gun kit from a local supplier, I will never put tire shine on again with an applicator..took a couple days to get the fan and amount dialed in but once i did i fell in love. My worries were over spray in the wheel wells (one of my biggest pet peeves) but i got it dialed in pretty good.

GoldBl4d3
09-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Just bought a spray gun kit from a local supplier, I will never put tire shine on again with an applicator..took a couple days to get the fan and amount dialed in but once i did i fell in love. My worries were over spray in the wheel wells (one of my biggest pet peeves) but i got it dialed in pretty good.

thats good. I bought one and didnt even realise to check the fan pattern. So it didnt have a fan pattern and thats where I messed up.

Thanks.