PDA

View Full Version : So, you're wife is on your @ss about the $$$ you spend on detailing supplies?

Pages : [1] 2

chalkupanother1
09-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Yep...me too.

But here's how I beat that issue....

I just spent 2 hours with my PC7424, some orange and white LC pads, and some Menzerna polishes. On my car? No. I ended up polishing up the shower and tub enclosure on 2 of our bathrooms. Then proceeded to get out water stains on the glass shower door, and made it perfectly clear. I finished with a coat of Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant. She was blown away by the results. And I, am off the hook for my "detailing supply" addiction.

And no, I refuse to post any before/after pics!! It's a shower, not my Camaro!!!

MaxT
09-24-2012, 10:09 AM
If you do the toilet next she might let you buy a new DA polisher or something. ;)

piscott
09-24-2012, 10:14 AM
If u do the toilet then u will have to do the floor, then.....etc. lol

dcjredline
09-24-2012, 10:17 AM
lol

golliger
09-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Don't get too smug. It never takes 'em very long to find something new to :bash: us about.

Which polish and pad did you use for the glass shower doors?

Wheelzntoys
09-24-2012, 11:05 AM
I've been using the DA on our tile floor with a carpet brush attachment.

Will also try out a MF pad on our leather sofa, see how it works out.

Wayneezy
09-24-2012, 11:38 AM
This is really the only thing i have the upper hand on in my marriage lol. She got upset when i first started out and i just said listen, This is my business, i put money away to invest into it to help it grow and thats just how it works. The money i make from the business right now goes back into the business. And that was the end of it.

WickedLou9
09-24-2012, 11:38 AM
That's hilarious, I did the SAME exact thing on my shower stall over the weekend. I used a glass polishing pad with my PC and some Rain-X extreme clean. Then I used the same pad on the floor and tile walls with "Comet" powder. Maybe worth mentioning that I set aside this pad for household duty and never let it touch my car :)
I used Collinite paste wax on the glass and on the chrome fixtures and trim around the shower stall. Took me a good hour top to bottom.

dcjredline
09-24-2012, 11:41 AM
May have to try some 845 on my fixtures after a nice polish. Dunno that I can go into the whole tub/shower polish though.

richy
09-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Showers make great test beds for sealants, etc. I used Aquapel on our shower doors. I used OG on the toilet.

Wheelzntoys
09-24-2012, 12:39 PM
I used OG on the toilet.

Does it make it easier to slide off? seems dangerous:eek:

1Clean3
09-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Awesome. For next time you can always opt for giving her a back massage with pc7424xp, some ccs red pads, and massage oil. rofl.

y8s
09-24-2012, 02:08 PM
As I was scooping out my catbox last night, I was pondering some sort of interior surface coating that would prevent the clumped litter from sticking to the bottom of the pan.... hmm...

RMM
09-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Showers make great test beds for sealants, etc. I used Aquapel on our shower doors. I used OG on the toilet.

Does it improve the sheeting performance? Or is it the sh#tting performance?! I'm confused...

chalkupanother1
09-24-2012, 02:50 PM
I think he was kidding by his question, but.........I used Menzerna 1500 with orange, and then Menzerna 4500 with white---standard LC flat pads. Honestly, the shower enclosures are a medium gray, and one is under a skylight, and they really did polish up and look amazing.

Somehow, I don't think I'll be as excited when the water beads up on the shower walls as the car though. At least I held back and didn't use the BFWD on the floor...would have been way too slick.

She really doesn't care how much I spend, but it did make her happy. And you know what they say...